- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 202 students
- Yearly Tuition: $10,750
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 12 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Science Academy of Chicago ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
khaki pants and embroidered polo
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Club or Organization:
Advance Science Team, American Math League, Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Club, Folk Dance Club, Mad Science, Primary Grades: Puppets & Story Time, Robotics, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano Club, Violin Club
- SAC offers small class sizes to provide the kind of attention and support that we believe to be vital for learning in the classroom. This size aids in creating a family-like atmosphere in which teacher, student and parent can come together with a consistency and commitment that is beneficial to the child's educational and personal development. Parents also have the advantage of monitoring the progress of their child via the internet. On this database parents' have access to their child's records, daily homework assignments, grades, teacher's e-mails.
- In an effort to support working families and busy lives we offer both before and after school care. In addition, students also engage in after school activities, advanced study teams, field trips, and science fairs.
- In the primary grades (PK-3rd) students have a homeroom teacher who works hard to instill the love of learning in their students. These teachers work with diligence, skill and creativeness in order to provide the most nurturing and mentally stimulating environments possible.
- Beginning in the fourth grade students progress into a new area of development in which more responsibilities are required. Students change teachers/classrooms throughout the day. These teachers posses a mastery of their subjects and use innovative methods and tools in order to cultivate and inspire the minds of our students.
- In addition to our distinctive curriculum we also offer advanced study teams which engage selected student in a deeper exploration of mathematics and science. Such students participate in competitions on the state, national and international levels. Beyond the awards and recognition gained from competing, these events also generate an excitement and passion towards the pursuit of wisdom. Guided and supported by faculty members and steeped in the knowledge of their subjects.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Science Academy of Chicago cost?
What is the acceptance rate of Science Academy of Chicago?
What sports does Science Academy of Chicago offer?
What is Science Academy of Chicago's ranking?
When is the application deadline for Science Academy of Chicago?
Endorse Science Academy of Chicago. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards