Science Academy of Chicago
- SAC offers accelerated STREAM education and is a college preparatory school serving students from Prek-3 to 8th grade.
- Our diverse staff and faculty are fully certified educators and administrators that are dedicated to providing every child at SAC with an accelerated STREAM curriculum, extracurricular activities, and the opportunities to be involved in SAC's expansion.
- We encourage all interested parents and families to inquire about information, come see SAC for yourself, and make a lasting investment in your child's future through our affordable and accelerated STREAM private education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Xaverian Brothers School Sponsorship|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(khaki/Navy pants and embroidered polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||There is a payment plan of ten installments.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Indoor Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animal Club, Arts & Crafts, Community Club, Computer Technology|
Club or Organization:
Advance Science Team, American Math League, Folk Dance Club, Mad Science, Primary Grades: Puppets & Story Time, Robotics, Spanish
- SAC offers small class sizes to provide the kind of attention and support that we believe to be vital for learning in the classroom. This size aids in creating a family-like atmosphere in which teacher, student and parent can come together with a consistency and commitment that is beneficial to the child's educational and personal development. Parents also have the advantage of monitoring the progress of their child via the internet. On this database parents' have access to their child's records, daily homework assignments, grades, teacher's e-mails.
- In an effort to support working families and busy lives we offer both before and after school care. In addition, students also engage in after school activities, advanced study teams, field trips, and science fairs.
- In the primary grades (Pre K-3-2) students have a homeroom teacher who works hard to instill the love of learning in their students. These teachers work with diligence, skill and creativeness in order to provide the most nurturing and mentally stimulating environments possible. Beginning in the third grade students' progress into a new area of development in which more responsibilities are required. Students change teachers/classrooms throughout the day. These teachers' posses a mastery of their subjects and use innovative methods and tools in order to cultivate and inspire the minds of our students.
- In addition to our distinctive curriculum we also offer advanced study teams which engage selected student in a deeper exploration of mathematics and science. Such students participate in competitions on the state, national and international levels. Beyond the awards and recognition gained from competing, these events also generate an excitement and passion towards the pursuit of wisdom. Guided and supported by faculty members and steeped in the knowledge of their subjects.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 944 students
751 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 450 students
1710 W Addison Street
Chicago, IL 60613
- NilesGrades: NS-6 | 77 students
8101 W Golf Rd
Niles, IL 60714
- ChicagoGrades: NS-8
2101 N Fremont Street
Chicago, IL 60614
- ChicagoGrades: PK-10 | 115 students
5220 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
This is an wonderful school with incredibly dedicated staff member's! SAOC has the best educational atmosphere for your children to learn and grow in. Visit and you will see for yourself! :)
- Posted by Parent - thema
8yrs, 3 kids, this place is our 2nd home! Top notch teachers & staff.
- Posted by Parent - cuamo
It is great steam school.My children do so many hands on activities in math ,science,computer and social studies classes. Also my daughters did very well at NWA test.
- Posted by Parent - Nazli
I have two children attending SAC. We moved to the area this year and I am glad that we made the decision to send our kids to SAC. I will definitely re-enroll them for next year because of the quality education, family like environment, dedicated staff&administration, affordable tuition, and clean facilities.
- Posted by Parent - mfsum
EXCELLENT School! Dedicated staff and principal. Curriculum is top notch. At SAC your child is not just a "pupil", he/she is family. We are so blessed to have found such a wonderful school.
- Posted by Parent - cuamo