Science Academy of Chicago
- SAC offers accelerated STREAM education and is a college preparatory school serving students from Prek-3 to 8th grade.
- Our diverse staff and faculty are fully certified educators and administrators that are dedicated to providing every child at SAC with an accelerated STREAM curriculum, extracurricular activities, and the opportunities to be involved in SAC's expansion.
- We encourage all interested parents and families to inquire about information, come see SAC for yourself, and make a lasting investment in your child's future through our affordable and accelerated STREAM private education.
Science Academy of Chicago places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Extracurriculars Most extracurriculars offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||170 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki pants and embroidered polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,750|
|Tuition Notes||There is a payment plan of ten installments.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Gymnastics,|
Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animal Club, Arts & Crafts, Community Club, Computer Technology|
Club or Organization:
Advance Science Team, American Math League, Chess Club, Coding Club, Drama Club, Folk Dance Club, Mad Science, Primary Grades: Puppets & Story Time, Robotics, Spanish
Arts and Music Programs:
Piano Club, Violin Club
- SAC offers small class sizes to provide the kind of attention and support that we believe to be vital for learning in the classroom. This size aids in creating a family-like atmosphere in which teacher, student and parent can come together with a consistency and commitment that is beneficial to the child's educational and personal development. Parents also have the advantage of monitoring the progress of their child via the internet. On this database parents' have access to their child's records, daily homework assignments, grades, teacher's e-mails.
- In an effort to support working families and busy lives we offer both before and after school care. In addition, students also engage in after school activities, advanced study teams, field trips, and science fairs.
- In the primary grades (PK-3rd) students have a homeroom teacher who works hard to instill the love of learning in their students. These teachers work with diligence, skill and creativeness in order to provide the most nurturing and mentally stimulating environments possible.
- Beginning in the fourth grade students progress into a new area of development in which more responsibilities are required. Students change teachers/classrooms throughout the day. These teachers posses a mastery of their subjects and use innovative methods and tools in order to cultivate and inspire the minds of our students.
- In addition to our distinctive curriculum we also offer advanced study teams which engage selected student in a deeper exploration of mathematics and science. Such students participate in competitions on the state, national and international levels. Beyond the awards and recognition gained from competing, these events also generate an excitement and passion towards the pursuit of wisdom. Guided and supported by faculty members and steeped in the knowledge of their subjects.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 2-12 | 87 students
800 W Buena Avenue
Chicago, IL 60613
(773) 327-6000 15.8 2-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 993 students
751 N State St
Chicago, IL 60654
(312) 466-0700 18.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 73 students
5220 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 769-0733 13 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 167 students
9050 S Burley Ave
Chicago, IL 60617
(773) 768-0999 28.8 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 194 students
6143 W Irving Park Rd
Chicago, IL 60634
(773) 736-8806 9.8 PK-8
I have three kids attending SAC, small family environment. My oldest one, who is attending SAC since Kindergarten, will be graduating from 8th grade this year. I am very lucky to have such school where my kids are nurtured and challenged.
- Posted by Parent - A. U.
This is an wonderful school with incredibly dedicated staff member's! SAOC has the best educational atmosphere for your children to learn and grow in. Visit and you will see for yourself! :)
- Posted by Parent - thema
It is great steam school.My children do so many hands on activities in math ,science,computer and social studies classes. Also my daughters did very well at NWA test.
- Posted by Parent - Nazli
8yrs, 3 kids, this place is our 2nd home! Top notch teachers & staff.
- Posted by Parent - cuamo
I have two children attending SAC. We moved to the area this year and I am glad that we made the decision to send our kids to SAC. I will definitely re-enroll them for next year because of the quality education, family like environment, dedicated staff&administration, affordable tuition, and clean facilities.
- Posted by Parent - mfsum