St. Alphonsus Liguori School
5.00 (5 reviews)
Tel: (847) 255-5538
St. Alphonsus Liguori School Photo #2 - Saint Alphonsus Liguori School students stand against bullying with the Chicago Bears!
St. Alphonsus Liguori School Photo #3 - Saint Alphonsus Liguori School students excel in our state of the art Science Lab.
St. Alphonsus Liguori School Photo #6 - Saint Alphonsus Liguori School Chargers excel at every sport!
Saint Alphonsus Liguori Catholic School is nestled within the charming community of Prospect Heights, Illinois.
Our caring and capable faculty, award-winning curriculum, and tradition of faith and service build a strong academic and spiritual foundation for students in our full day 3-year-old preschool through 8th grade. Bright and welcoming facilities and a stunning 15-acre campus create an ideal environment for your child to grow.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(All grades wear the school uniform. )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade and number of children. Please visit our school website for detailed tuition information. www.saintalphonsusschool.com|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Linda Bromer|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego Club, Library Club, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics, Science Club, Science Fair, Service Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama/Theater, Musical Theater
- Many exciting things are happening each day in our school. We hope you take the opportunity to learn more about us and all that we have to offer. Call the school office at 847-255-5538 for a tour and more information on how you can join our school for the new school year! We welcome students from many countries into our school! Contact our school office for I-20 Application information.
- Vibrant campus life is fueled by a beautiful environment, well-designed facilities, and activities that engage every child holistically. A range of athletics, clubs, extracurricular activities, and service opportunities are available to match every child`s interests and talents. Students enjoy cheering on classmates on the basketball court and rehearsing together to put on our much anticipated spring musical and variety shows each year. Smiles abound at the annual academic and arts fair, where students proudly display their artwork, perform in concert, and explain special projects on states, animal habitats, and atoms. Students from Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and American Heritage Girls have fun pursuing badges centering on leadership, service, and faith. The student choir, altar servers, and clubs for science, art, newspaper, book, service, and library have enthusiastic membership. Departures from the regular schedule for field trips, cultural arts, and field day gives our students the opportunity to learn in different ways. Trips to the Brookfield Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Springfield, and Washington DC are particular favorites each year. In the summer, students get together for science camps, represent our school in the Independence Day parade, sing at the city block party, and participate in a myriad of social events sponsored by the parish.Parents also have opportunities to further enrich the experiences of our students by participating in groups like PSA or the school advisory board, or by volunteering as a room parent, athletic coach, or helper for special events and field trips.The backdrop for our many activities is our beautifully landscaped 15-acre campus, where abundant green spaces, gardens, and playground facilities invite students to practice, play, and pray. Our architecturally inspiring church and parish buildings are bright and cheerful, designed to nurture the spirit, while our gym, cafeteria, library, and parish center offer interior spaces that nurture minds and bodies.
- Our focus on individual attention allows students to be confident in themselves and comfortable in their faith. Our safe, caring community gives students positive feelings of belonging.Small class sizes enable customized learning to match each child`s learning needs. Nurturing each child`s unique gifts-from fine arts to sciences, language arts to math, sports to drama-we guide students to discover and grow their personal talents and interests, and to share them in complementary ways that add unique value to teams and their community.Our students recently won or placed in regional and state science fairs and placed in a national writing competition. Our championship sports teams consistently produce athletes that go on to high school, college, and professional athletic success. Yet, winning comes in many forms, so we encourage and support every child in their efforts. For example, every child who wants to participate in sports has field/court time, while caring coaches help our athletes build solid skills, fitness, sportsmanship, confidence, and appreciation of their sport.Like an extension of home, we provide safe and caring extended day care, with before and after school programs for study and play, to fit your family`s needs and give you peace of mind.
- Superb science Students observe ducklings hatching and tend to their care, build atoms, and participate in science fair, Academy Science and Math (enrichment), science club, and science camps. Engaging language arts Literature and creative writing are favorites among our middle school students. Daily quick writes hone skills.Fine arts programs Incorporate music, art, foreign language, and drama into our curriculum.Multi-subject design of projects Students sharpen critical thinking skills and teachers coordinate reinforcement of concepts across classes and subject areas.Frequent educational field trips for every grade Washington DC and Springfield trips are highlights for our middle school students.Constantly evolving technology infrastructure Chromebooks, iPads, and an upgraded Wi-Fi network are the latest additions.Quality application of technology Students use contemporary online tools to productively collaborate with each other and teachers in a safe environment.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 244 students
2101 N. Fremont
Chicago, IL 60614
(773) 525-4990 2.9 PK-8
- Glenview Grades: NS-8 | 821 students
1123 Church St
Glenview, IL 60025
(847) 724-6990 6.6 NS-8
- Mount Prospect Grades: PK-8 | 377 students
1400 E Central Road
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
(847) 296-3490 2.6 PK-8
- Mount Prospect Grades: NS-8 | 519 students
300 S Elmhurst Ave
Mount Prospect, IL 60056
(847) 253-8555 3 NS-8
My child and I were very nervous at the beginning of the school year but there are no words to express how great our experience with St. Al's has been! From the principal, Vice Principal, teachers, other parents, and even the students - you are always greeted with a smile. Your child will NOT feel uncomfortable at all. Everyone is kind and CARE. Upper classmen do not roll their eyes at younger students - it is very important for peers and other students to set a good example for the fresh minds of the little ones. The environment is a very nurturing one. Even though the school has connecting doors to the church - I am very confident in the school with keeping strangers or anyone that is not a student from entering. Security is very important when I am away from my child. There are so many different after school activities and clubs and the after school care is very convenient and helps alot as a working parent. Lunch options offered as hot lunch is never the same in a week - very important for some kids that do not like to eat the same thing in a week. The school is flexible and can work out payment plans to fit your budget. I highly recommend St. Al's.
- Posted by Parent - C. Lazaro
Our experience has been simply wonderful! St. Al`s provides an outstanding academic program. The teachers are excellent, and due to the small class size, they are able to cater to each child's needs and challenge them academically. There is a real sense of community among the kids, teachers, administration and parents. Older children become mentors and the example for younger children. Children work independently in addition to learning how to function as part of a team. The athletics department is top notch and in 2017 7th grade boys basketball team won NWCC Championship trophy! I am grateful for the education that my children are receiving at St. Al`s and the people that make it possible. If you're considering this school, please schedule a tour and see for yourself! Charge On!
- Posted by Parent - AK
Its time to tally up the marks...WHY we LOVE our school so much. My daughter has expressed her desire to always chase HER BEST. The teachers and staff infuse these kids with the love of learning and the idea that they can reach sky high! My son (the youngest) had a rough transition leaving the nest, BUT felt at home after the first week. The support and nurturing "extended family" that we now have, worked to make it easier on both MOM and child to jump this hurdle. The academic achievements that I have seen so far are outstanding! My kindergartner is showing so much growth, and 2nd grader is impressing my daily. Our front office team, works together to keep us up-to-date on news around school and any developing issues/concerns. The ability to communicate is impressive, and I am confident and relieved to have my children in good, safe, capable hands while not at home. After school activities(...so many to chose from) feed their imagination and give my kids time to socialize in that same safe, adventurous place. Just stop by, they are ALWAYS willing to introduce you and you children to a new "Happy Place".
- Posted by Parent - Katy F.
My family moved here <3 yrs ago, leaving 2 top-notch schools. To our delight, St. Al's is the BEST of all! As a scientist, I can affirm the quality of the STEAM curriculum. Despite prior hiccups in the math program, all is fixed; 8th grade is working at a 10th grade math level. The language arts program is so compelling that students eagerly anticipate reading circles and quick writes; I catch mine doing extra work at home to share with their energetic and encouraging teachers. Best of all, the children are kind: older children help the younger ones, peers include and support each other, and new families are graciously welcomed. Students have many community and parish volunteer opportunities. School families, parishioners, faculty, and staff all are highly engaged. New principal is a true leader who runs a tight but caring ship. Stunning campus and facilities. 3-yr-old preschool thru 8th grade. You can't find a better school for outstanding academics, values, and environment.
- Posted by Parent - Shelley D.
I recommend Saint Alphonsus Liguori school without hesitation because it is a Blue Ribbon School and has a wonderful, welcoming atmosphere. In addition, our children have access to many wonderful extra-curricular activities, no-cut athletics and service programs. Being at Saint Alphonsus is like being with family!
- Posted by Parent - tina
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.