- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 200 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Alphonsus Liguori School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
Academics and Faculty
All grades wear the school uniform.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Altar Servers, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Lego Club, Library Club, National Junior Honor Society, Robotics, Science Club, Science Fair, Service Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Choir, Drama/Theater, Musical Theater
- Many exciting things are happening each day in our school. We hope you take the opportunity to learn more about us and all that we have to offer. Call the school office at 847-255-5538 for a tour and more information on how you can join our school for the new school year! We welcome students from many countries into our school! Contact our school office for application information.
- Vibrant campus life is fueled by a beautiful environment, well-designed facilities, and activities that engage every child holistically.A range of athletics, clubs, extracurricular activities, and service opportunities are available to match every child`s interests and talents. Students enjoy cheering on classmates on the basketball court and rehearsing together to put on our much anticipated spring musical and variety shows each year. Smiles abound at the annual academic and arts fair, where students proudly display their artwork, perform in concert, and explain special projects on states, animal habitats, and atoms. Students from Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, and American Heritage Girls have fun pursuing badges centering on leadership, service, and faith. The student choir, altar servers, and clubs for science, art, newspaper, book, service, and library have enthusiastic membership.Departures from the regular schedule for field trips, cultural arts, and field day gives our students the opportunity to learn in different ways. Trips to the Brookfield Zoo, Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, Springfield, and Washington DC are particular favorites each year. In the summer, students get together for science camps, represent our school in the Independence Day parade, sing at the city block party, and participate in a myriad of social events sponsored by the parish.Parents also have opportunities to further enrich the experiences of our students by participating in groups like PSA or the school advisory board, or by volunteering as a room parent, athletic coach, or helper for special events and field trips.The backdrop for our many activities is our beautifully landscaped 15-acre campus, where abundant green spaces, gardens, and playground facilities invite students to practice, play, and pray. Our architecturally inspiring church and parish buildings are bright and cheerful, designed to nurture the spirit, while our gym, cafeteria, library, and parish center offer interior spaces that nurture minds and bodies.
- Our focus on individual attention allows students to be confident in themselves and comfortable in their faith. Our safe, caring community gives students positive feelings of belonging.Small class sizes enable customized learning to match each child`s learning needs. Nurturing each child`s unique gifts-from fine arts to sciences, language arts to math, sports to drama-we guide students to discover and grow their personal talents and interests, and to share them in complementary ways that add unique value to teams and their community.Our students recently won or placed in regional and state science fairs and placed in a national writing competition. Our championship sports teams consistently produce athletes that go on to high school, college, and professional athletic success. Yet, winning comes in many forms, so we encourage and support every child in their efforts. For example, every child who wants to participate in sports has field/court time, while caring coaches help our athletes build solid skills, fitness, sportsmanship, confidence, and appreciation of their sport.Like an extension of home, we provide safe and caring extended day care, with before and after school programs for study and play, to fit your family`s needs and give you peace of mind.
- Superb science Students observe ducklings hatching and tend to their care, build atoms, and participate in science fair, Academy Science and Math (enrichment), science club, and science camps. Engaging language arts Literature and creative writing are favorites among our middle school students. Daily quick writes hone skills.Fine arts programs Incorporate music, art, foreign language, and drama into our curriculum.Multi-subject design of projects Students sharpen critical thinking skills and teachers coordinate reinforcement of concepts across classes and subject areas.Frequent educational field trips for every grade Washington DC and Springfield trips are highlights for our middle school students.Constantly evolving technology infrastructure Chromebooks, iPads, and an upgraded Wi-Fi network are the latest additions.Quality application of technology Students use contemporary online tools to productively collaborate with each other and teachers in a safe environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Alphonsus Liguori School?
What sports does St. Alphonsus Liguori School offer?
What is St. Alphonsus Liguori School's ranking?
When is the application deadline for St. Alphonsus Liguori School?
Endorse St. Alphonsus Liguori School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards