Serendipity Academy At The Lodge
5.00 (1 review)
- Serendipity Children's Center was the dream of two friends and schoolteachers in 1985.
- They taught and ran the program until 1987. Dan and Lynnette McCarty purchased Serendipity Children's Center in 1990.
- At that time, licensed capacity was 63 children ages six months to age five.
- Over the past years, there have been many changes and much growth, while maintaining superb quality and reputation.
- The growth has been a part of the center's history.
- Serendipity is currently licensed to serve 263 students ranging from ages 6 weeks to Grade 6.
- Dan and Lynnette have provided continued growth by increasing space, improving the quality of curriculum, and staying current with the early care and education trends.
- Their goal to insure that the children served are receiving what they need for a successful ongoing educational process.
- They remain committed to providing a place of growth and development and a place where children can feel at home.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||120 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Swimming, TennisBallet, Gymnastics,|
Indoor Soccer, Swimming,
- Welcome to Serendipity Children's Center. We are pleased that you have trusted us with your child's early education. Our safe, happy environment is a place you can leave your child, confident he or she is receiving outstanding care and enjoying a positive, and stimulating learning experience. Serendipity is a premier early learning center and Private School in Tumwater, Washington. Since 1983, we have offered a fresh alternative to the normal preschool setting with full-day programs. We are located in the heart of the Valley Athletic Club, which offers additional enrichment opportunities for the children we serve. We are a licensed facility by the State of Washington and exceed the minimum licensing requirements. Our reviews from the State are available for your viewing upon request. Individual attention to each child's needs is commonplace. Serendipity has developed a well-rounded preschool curriculum, a state- approved private school and has an outstanding reputation within the community. Serendipity's management and staff are committed to meeting the needs of your child. Parents are always welcome at Serendipity and appointments are never required. Please feel free to stop in at the center any time. We look forward to serving your family and promise to provide a warm and loving environment for your child while promoting individual development to its fullest.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Olympia Grades: PK-1 | 59 students
730 Lilly Rd SE
Olympia, WA 98501
(360)438-3639 3.8 PK-1
- Olympia Grades: NS-8 | 363 students
4706 Park Center Ave NE
Olympia, WA 98516
(360)493-2223 5 NS-8
This is our daughter's first year attending this amazing school. They have top -notch certified teachers and staff who truly care about their students learning. Our daughter is receiving an amazingly well rounded education with regular participation in specialists like Science, Art, P.E. (tennis and use of the facilities at the Valley Athletic Club a huge bonus), Spanish, and Music in addition to her normal academic areas. The school has an incredibly supportive PTO group, ensures that students participate in community activities/volunteerism, and encourages teachers to take field trips in order to enhance the student's learning. The school also hosts many events such as a Winter Program, Spring Musical, Science Fair, All Academy Camp Out, and so much more. We are thankful our daughter is being challenged and well supported in her learning environment. We are glad we found this school, we feel it is the best in the area, and we highly encourage other families to check out all of the great things happening at this incredible Academy.
- Posted by Parent - hickb
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.