Sunrise Beach School
Tel: (360) 791-8348
Sunrise Beach School Photo #2 - Upper elementary students demonstrate their violin skills at the Christmas program.
Sunrise Beach School Photo #3 - The Christmas play reminded the audience of the importance of Jesus.
SUNRISE BEACH SCHOOL - EXCELLENCE IN EDUCATION / CHRISTIAN LEADERSHIP Sunrise Beach School / Sunrise Beach High School (SBS/SBHS) is a pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade (PK-12), Christian, state-approved, fully accredited, non-profit, 501(c) 3, college-preparatory, private school offering a highly enriched, individualized curriculum for enrolled students.
High school students attending SBHS have the option of Honors, Advanced Placement (AP) course work as well as College in the High School courses through the University of Washington, Central Washington University and Eastern Washington University.
We begin foreign language, language arts, science, mathematics, history, drama, choir, music, art, and computer science studies in grade Pre-K and continue these subjects and several other enrichment opportunitites thoughout the student's high school experience.
Sunrise Beach School places among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Other religious school association(s)
National Independent Private Schools Association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||56 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Language and Composition, AP Literature, Central WA University-Environmental Science 201, Central WA University-Environmental Science 202, Honors Level High School Courses, Mathematics through Calculus, U of WA English 111, U of WA English 131, U of WA Spanish 103, U of WA US History 235|
|Average SAT score||1220|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies according to grade level of enrollment.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Roxanne Cox|
|Admissions Associate||Mrs. Mary Wohlers|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
- Mission Statement: To provide a challenging college preparatory curriculum allowing each student to fully develop his or her potential in: academics, leadership, citizenship, moral character, and spiritual growth.
- Sunrise Beach School / Sunrise Beach High School offers a Christian, state approved, fully accredited, non-profit (501c3), individualized College Preparatory program for grades pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade (Pre-K-12) in spacious classrooms with few students per teacher (approximate 8/1 student/teacher ratio).
- Through a Classical Education model emphasizing specific curriculum planning to meet the needs of each individual student, the school's highly trained Christian educational specialists (our instructors) provide immersion into each subject matter in a challenging, enriched, fun, educational environment.
- Fostering lasting learning experiences and increased comprehension, teachers use interactive classroom environments, Mastery Learning Techniques, hands-on (often Montessori) manipulatives, college level science equipment for all grades, college classes through the University of Washington`s College in the High School Program (taught by SBHS teachers on campus) and official College Board Advanced Placement classes for high school students; Sunrise Beach School offers a broad range of opportunities.
- Classes provided through SBS/SBHS include classical elementary, middle school and high school classes augmented with such specialty course offerings as: Bible, Foreign Language offered Pre-K 12 (Spanish, French, Japanese, Latin), Advanced Science classes in all grades (i.e.: Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Marine Biology Ornithology, and Anatomy & Physiology) mathematics through trigonometry and calculus - including both Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometry, Photography, Ceramics/Potter`s Wheel, Ballroom Dance, Sports, Agriculture, Mission trips, Orchestra, Band, Choir, Drama/Theater, Clubs, and much more.
- Please contact Sunrise Beach School for more information: 360.866.1343 or 360.791.8348.
- Counties Served: THURSTON, MASON, PIERCE
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Olympia Grades: PK-1 | 59 students
730 Lilly Rd SE
Olympia, WA 98501
(360) 438-3639 2.5 PK-1
- Lacey Grades: 8-11 | 7 students
4205 Lacey Blvd Se
Lacey, WA 98503
(360) 491-0654 2.8 8-11
- Olympia Grades: PK-K | 51 students
1939 Karen Frazier Rd Se
Olympia, WA 98501
(360) 709-9769 1.3 PK-K
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.