Sunrise Beach School
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Students: 56 students
- Acceptance rate: 80%
- Average class size: 8 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Sunrise Beach School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Mission Statement: To provide a challenging college preparatory curriculum allowing each student to fully develop his or her potential in: academics, leadership, citizenship, moral character, and spiritual growth.
- Sunrise Beach School / Sunrise Beach High School offers a Christian, state approved, fully accredited, non-profit (501c3), individualized College Preparatory program for grades pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade (Pre-K-12) in spacious classrooms with few students per teacher (approximate 8/1 student/teacher ratio).
- Through a Classical Education model emphasizing specific curriculum planning to meet the needs of each individual student, the school's highly trained Christian educational specialists (our instructors) provide immersion into each subject matter in a challenging, enriched, fun, educational environment.
- Fostering lasting learning experiences and increased comprehension, teachers use interactive classroom environments, Mastery Learning Techniques, hands-on (often Montessori) manipulatives, college level science equipment for all grades, college classes through the University of Washington`s College in the High School Program (taught by SBHS teachers on campus) and official College Board Advanced Placement classes for high school students; Sunrise Beach School offers a broad range of opportunities.
- Classes provided through SBS/SBHS include classical elementary, middle school and high school classes augmented with such specialty course offerings as: Bible, Foreign Language offered Pre-K 12 (Spanish, French, Japanese, Latin), Advanced Science classes in all grades (i.e.: Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Marine Biology Ornithology, and Anatomy & Physiology) mathematics through trigonometry and calculus - including both Euclidean and Non-Euclidean Geometry, Photography, Ceramics/Potter`s Wheel, Ballroom Dance, Sports, Agriculture, Mission trips, Orchestra, Band, Choir, Drama/Theater, Clubs, and much more.
- Please contact Sunrise Beach School for more information: 360.866.1343 or 360.791.8348.
- Counties Served: THURSTON, MASON, PIERCE
Endorse Sunrise Beach School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards