Shelby County Catholic School
Tel: (712) 755-5634
- The mission of Shelby County Catholic School is to nurture faith, encourage intellectual growth, and inspire commitment to community by ensuring a distinctive, Christ-centered learning environment.
- We believe that Catholic schools exist to teach the tradition and doctrines of the Catholic Church and to live the Gospel message of Jesus Christ; parents are the primary educators, and that Catholic schools are partners with parents in the education of their children/adolescents; each child/adolescent in a Catholic school, regardless of race, cultural heritage, or gender, grows in self-esteem through the development of his/her talents, skills, and interests; Catholic schools will provide a warm, caring environment where children/adolescents will be challenged to learn the essential curriculum, regardless of learning rate or style; and all children/adolescents in Catholic schools learn the value of human dignity and the concepts of peace and justice to enable them to be involved participants in a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other special emphasis association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||155 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 14%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Denison Grades: PK-5 | 80 students
1012 2nd Ave S
Denison, IA 51442
(712) 263-5408 25.3 PK-5
- Denison Grades: PK-8 | 116 students
1004 1st Ave S
Denison, IA 51442
(712) 263-4766 25.4 PK-8
- Council Bluffs Grades: PK-K | 104 students
400 Cloverdale Dr
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
(712) 325-8346 36.4 PK-K
- Carroll Grades: PK-12 | 1162 students
116 S East Street
Carroll, IA 51401
(712) 792-3313 37.1 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.