Simi Valley Adventist School
- Simi Valley Adventist School serves as a private, co-educational, Christian School in Simi Valley, California. We offer a quality Christian education from Kindergarten through eighth grade. Students will be mentored by the finest, certified Adventist teachers.
- They will be challenged to learn new concepts, new skills, and new ways of thinking - all rising from the school's dedication to academic and spiritual excellence. Biblical models inspire students for living, and teachers assign practical opportunities to develop a God-like character of selfless service.
- Everyone on our staff looks for opportunities daily to lift Jesus Christ up to every student, family member, and the person who walks onto our campus.
- By making our school a place where God is King ensures the stability of relationships between students, parents, teachers, church members, and community.
- If you and your children choose to accept this education, we will be proud to work with you to reach that goal.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Council for Private School Accreditation|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Polo shirt with khaki, black, grey, or blue pants/ shorts/ skirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes before and after school care from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Stephen Stokes|
|Admissions Associate||Josie Hirsch|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
5 to 8 Concert Band, 6 to 8 Drum Corp, 6 to 8 Handbells, K to 2 Bells, K to 5 Choir
- Preparing a student for an ever-changing world is not an easy task. Simi Valley Adventist School believes that there is a need to prepare students for this complex, energetic, tech-savvy 21st century. The Global Digital Citizen Foundation has gathered information from educators from around the world now define the 21st-century students as students that have the following skills: Problem-solving Creativity Analytic thinkingCollaborationCommunicationSVAS believes in inspiring and challenging each student to include each of these skills. We believe in preparing a child for a life where they don`t just survive but succeed at the next level. Developing these abilities and traits will serve them in a new era that will shift and emerge rapidly.
- Today, SVAS is striving to become a model 21st century school. What does that mean? We believe that the 21stcentury classroom considers the environment the child learns within. We have begun the process of reimagining our classrooms to empower students to work freely, collaboratively, and without restrictions. Flexibility in the classroom is key, as students need adaptable spaces to learn, create, design, build, and grow. We are reimaging the rooms for 21st-century education. Come by the office to see what exciting new plans we have.
- At SVAS, we believe that parents should be involved in their child`s daily school life. Our dedicated staff wants to work with parents toward the common goal of their student`s success; together we are a team. Our 21st-century school model embraces a collaborative philosophy of a parent and teacher partnership, one where we share the power and responsibility for each child`s educational development.
- We know that your child`s teacher plays a crucial role in helping your child achieve success both inside and outside the classroom. Because of this important responsibility, we only hire staff from the top tier of candidates. Each member of our team strives to remain fresh and open to new ideas. At SVAS, we provide regular, open-ended, and current professional development opportunities to all our teachers throughout each academic year. We encourage our teachers to continue learning and growing throughout their career with us so they can consistently provide the highest quality of education to your child. We want our teachers, like students, to have an obligation to remain fresh and open to new ideas.
- Furthermore, we are committed to creating an environment where each teacher feels they can not only be successful in the classroom and appreciated by parents and administration, but also a place where teachers can grow in their craft.
- To truly become a model 21st century school, we believe it is important that we connect with both our local church and community. We desire to be an asset for both our church and community by giving back and getting involved.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simi Valley Grades: K-8 | 295 students
1325 Royal Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)526-5304 0.4 K-8
- Simi Valley Grades: NS-PK | 125 students
85 E Bonita Drive
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)526-7846 0.5 NS-PK
- Simi Valley Grades: PK-K | 59 students
1680 Patricia Ave
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)526-1959 1.2 PK-K
- Simi Valley Grades: K-6 | 327 students
1717 Arcane Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)527-0101 1.4 K-6
My son has loved this school for the past 3 years he has been there. The small class size gives him the attention any kid would benefit from, to excel in all subjects. We are a military family, so he was used to changing schools often. The super friendly close staff and students welcomed us like family. I would recommend this school to anyone who wants their child to excel in school while loving to be there doing it.
- Posted by Parent - Cheri
As a non-Adventist, I enrolled my daughters into this fully accredited school six years ago. The teachers have advanced degrees, the classes are limited to 10 students per grade level. With small class sizes, each student works at their own pace and achieves mastery before moving forward. The faculty loves each student and is their personal cheerleader, staying after school to tutor if needed (or to get ahead). The staff is invested in each child. With all the challenges our children face today, not worrying about their education is a welcome relief. I`m glad we are part of the family. As my 8th grader prepares to culminate, I know she has all the tools she needs for a successful high school career. Academically she is exceeding state averages and even some nationally! She can handle anything high school throws at her. The small class size in middle school was a blessing. Any typical middle school issues had to be resolved; there is no running away to another group of friends. At SVAS, the students work through their problems with each other in loving, prayer-filled cooperation. We know the friends made at this school will be part of a lifetime network.
- Posted by Parent - Jo H.