West Valley Christian School
5.00 (13 reviews)
- Since1978, West Valley Christian School and summer camp has been educating students in West Hills CA. West Valley Christian School is best known for our nurturing Christian environment,theater arts department, enrichment classes, sports programs, and beautiful campus which features a 9000 square foot gym and beautiful 400 seat auditorium.
- We believe our school offers the most exciting, innovative,and inspirational educational experience that you could ever wish for your child.
- To further our commitment to excellence, our school will continue to be accredited by WASC. Our campus facilities include new buildings, spacious playgrounds, green space, security cameras, gated entrance, nutritional food, computer lab, library, performing arts auditorium and a 9,000 sq.ft.gym with weight room.
- See how our programs have attracted the best students, athletes and artists to come to West Hills,California.
- The founder of the school Glenn Kirby, wanted this school to be "For Christ and His Kingdom." Forover 35 years WVCS has been dedicated to education where God is central; today's challenge is nurturing growth in our students toward our mission: To provide excellence in education to our students and to inspire each one of them to seek Christ and His Kingdom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||337 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||26:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School polos required, Khaki/Navy pants, shorts, skirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||TK/Kindergarten- $5500; Middle school- $8000. 50% of families qualify up to 80% financial assistance|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,600|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Maggie Rojas|
|Admissions Associate||Kerri Moore|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Community, Leadership, Spiritual
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Theater, Three
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- 1.Preschool West Valley Christian Preschool campus is home to a dynamic, caring, academically-focused preschool kindergarten program. Since many of our parents are enrolling their children inschool for the first time, we work with the entire family to make sure that this transition is a positive one. It's our number one priority for the children in our care feel safe, secure and valued. toourcare.
- 2. K-8th Grade: A strong sense of community and accountability is how many would describe our elementary and middle school - where parents, students, teachers and staff all work together to provide our students a wonderful educational experience. We have a beautiful, well-equipped learning environment with outdoor fields and play areas, a multi-purpose room, cafeteria, gymnasium, weight room, change rooms, separate junior high educational wing, computer lab, science lab,and a new state-of-the-art library. More important than our facilities are the care and attention our teachers and staff bring to the important work they do educating the next generation of leaders. We are very proud of our highly qualified and committed faculty and of our diversified curriculum that includes art, robotics, music, PE, science lab, theater arts, yearbook, Spanish, and dance, all taught by specialty instructors. We have a strong academic program and many scholastic honors to our credit including the use of Acuity and IXL assessment and instructional resources. Our school also hasatraditionofathletic excellencewithmanychampionshipstoourcreditincludingrecent titles for bothourgirlsandboyssports.Inkeeping withour mission,weoffermanyopportunitiesforstudentsto gain 21stcenturyskills.Technologyisfullyintegratedintoourclassroomswithstudentsbenefitingfrominteractivewhiteboards,tabletcomputers,andmore.Creativityisencouragedthroughourfully-funded music, dramaandfineartsprogramthatshowcasethreeto four productionseachyearforallages.Studentsdevelopcharacterandstrongleadershipskillsthroughourcharactereducation programcalledKid'sWithCharacter.Andweencourage ourstudents to takeinitiativeandputwhattheylearnintopracticethroughextracurricularactivitieslikeourstudentleadershipprograms.Pleasefeel free toattend anyofourupcomingadmissionsevents orschedule apersonaltouratyourconvenience.Once youexperience ourschool foryourself,Iknowyouwillappreciate theenthusiasm and loveoflearningthatispresentherein West Hills,California. Theschoolbuildsonthelegacybycombining the besttraditions andChristianvaluesofthepastwiththe energy andambition ofthepresent.Withspaciousgroundsandwith access totrulyoutstandingfacilities,allof usatWestValley feel a deepsense ofprivilegetoworkhere.Wearecompletely committedtoprovidingyourchildrenwithaninspiringacademicexperiencewhichisstudent-centeredandstimulating.Wehave adoptedcuttingedgevirtualdesk toptechnologyandawardwinningstudentassessmentsolution toframe whatwe teach.Allofour studentshavetheopportunitytoaccessembeddedinstructionalresourcestoimprovetheir depthofknowledgeintheirgradelevelstandards.Theaward-winningAcuityInFormativeAssessmentsolutionfromCTB/McGraw-Hillhelpseducatorsimmediatelyimpactstudentachievementwithengagingstudentresponsedevices,orclickers.Rapidfeedbackprovidedthrough Acuitygiveseducatorstheabilitytomakequick,data-informedinstructionaldecisionsandsupportaprocessofformativeassessmentandinstruction.Studentsbecomeengagedindirectinstructionbyintegratingleadingtechnologydevices intoourclassrooms.Foundedin1926 to "helptheteacherhelpthechild,"todayCTB/McGraw-Hillranksamongeducation`sleadingassessmentpartners.Ourprogramsandservicesarerecognizedforexcellenceandinnovationandencompassdiagnostic,summative,interimandformative,performance-based,andobservationalassessmentsforlearnersofallages. Stanford,UCLA,UCBerkeley,USC,andPepperdineUniversity.These are a fewnamesthat cometomind whenyouthinkaboutprestigious,highlyacademicandaccomplisheduniversities.Ofall thecollegesanduniversitiesinthe Western Region,only 161havemethigh standardsofqualityandeffectiveness tobecomeaccreditedbytheWesternAssociationofSchools and Colleges,(WASC).It isoneofsixregionalaccreditingassociationsintheUnitedStatesthataccreditsprestigiouscollegesanduniversitiesnamedabove, aswellas juniorcolleges,and K-12schools.WVCS ishonoredtohavereceivedaccreditation byWASC.Aftercompletingarigorousthreeyearself-assessment,committeereviewandevaluation,WVCSreceivedfullaccreditationterm. AsaWASCaccreditedschool,families mayhaveconfidenceinWVCS'spurpose,mission,andeducationalgoals.Accreditationalsoassuresparentsthatourpurposesarebeingaccomplishedthroughavisionaryeducationalprogram.WASCaccreditationcertifiesthatWestValleyChristianSchool isatrustworthy institutionoflearningandvalidatestheintegrityofour school'sprogramasitsupportsstudentlearning.Highlights:Theschoolprovidesarich,well-rounded,challenging,andsequentialcurriculumthatisconstantlyenhanced.Thestaffisdedicated,enthusiastic,andcommitted totheschool'svisionofacademicexcellence. Theschoolleadership teamisdedicatedtotheschool`spurpose andmonitorsthe work of thestafftoensurethatthe programsremaineffectiveandsuccessful.ThevisionaryandpassionateleadershippersonnelinsurethatWVCSprovides arigorousandchallengingacademicprogram.Awholesomeschool culturethatresults inhighmoraleamong staffthatleadstopositiverelationshipswithstudentsandparents.Theresponsivenessof theheadofficeandsiteadministrationtoteacherneedsisimpressive.Highacademicachievement acrosstheentirestudentbodyisachieved. Wecommendthe exceptionallycleanandsafeschool.Apervasive atmosphereofmutualrespectandcommitmenttostudentlearning is established.Theissue isnot somuchwhatistaught,but how it is taughtandourexcellentstaffarerecruitedfor theirpassion,theirenthusiasmandtheirimaginationincommunicatingwith childrentoensure thateverysinglechildintheir classes isengaged,excitedandchallengedbythelearningexperience at alltimes. Weknowthatlearningistooimportant to bespoiled bymediocre deliveryandourstaffisrestlessin their focuson theneedsofindividuals.Simultaneously,wearedeeply committedtoopeningthehearts and mindsof ouryoungpeoplein every way.Webelievethatinstilling a Christcenteredfaithhelpsyoungpeoplelearn howtolive dependent on God intheirjourneyoflife.Ourhighlyregardedone-of-a kindprogramsandouruniquesixexcellenceinitiativesapproach toeducationensuresthatwedevelopthe wholeperson" wefocusspecificallyontheindividualneeds,strengths andtalents of eachandeverystudentandweensurethatouroutstandingextra-curricularprovision,includingsports,arts,clubs,leadershipandchallengeactivities, alladd uptoanholisticChristian education.Wecontinuetoreflectanddevelopall that wedo, staying connectedwithanoutsideworldwhichischanging fasterthan at any timeinthepastbothnationallyandinternationally. Weareimmenselyproudofourachievements andofthe community we arebuilding.We hopetohavetheopportunitytoshare that with you andyourchildren.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Simi Valley Grades: K-6 | 327 students
1717 Arcane Street
Simi Valley, CA 93065
(805)527-0101 9.5 K-6
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 5-12 | 1320 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(818)824-9492 11.7 5-12
Amazing school and amazing staff. By far a safe, caring and educational environment for our son.
- Posted by Parent - G Santiago
My children have attended West Valley since kindergarten one just graduated 8th grade and the other is in 7th grade. It has been a wonderful experience for them. The staff is very supportive and encouraging. This school has a perfect balance of academics and character development. Try it you won't be disappointed.
- Posted by Parent - traci
We love WVCS! Our children are happy, eager to learn and thriving in the Lord's word. We are so grateful to the loving teachers and stall that teach and care for our children!
- Posted by Parent - jadab
Award winning educational assessment technology, strong emphasis on math and language arts, teachers who are balanced and trustworthy and an admistrtion that is always striving for excellence. We see our children respecting their teachers and never wanting to leave school... Great friendships! I would recommend checking out their You Tube videos... Preschool, safety, fun, graduations and messages from the administrator - all help me connect with my child's life. You can afford their tuition if you are willing to show that you have financial need. Best school for balanced Christian education. Best event -the school play. Most promising program - sports school for Elite Basketball players. We are proud to be part of the school!
- Posted by Parent - Krist
The teachers, staff, and even the parents of students from West Valley Christian School-Elementary have made a profoundly positive and lasting impact on my family. Last year my son was in the hospital battling a rare circumstance and all throughout that painful process my family received constant support, encouragement, and prayer from WVCS staff, and even many of the parents, who unexpectedly volunteered to cook meals for my family to help lessen our stress load during that trying time. WVCS stood with my family as an emotional and spiritual rock until our toddler was finally released from the hospital and brought back home. My son's recovery was a miracle and the love and support from WVCS was equally astounding and healing. We are truly blessed to be a part of the WVCS elementary family!
- Posted by Parent - jones
Wow! I have never seen a school's newsletter that showcases their school with videos, pictures and narrative text. As a parent I can not only read excellent articles from the admininstration but we can hear about the faculty, student and parent's perspectives. West Valley Chrisitian School's FACEBOOK is loaded with videos and pictures. But the best source to capture all the excitment is their weekly newsletter. If you want a balanced Christitian education where the faculty really care about reaching the heart of the student, without a harsh legalistic tone, come check out this school. The preschool is warm and nurturing, the elementary school is strong academically and the middle school has friendly happy spirit... a place where kids can flourish to be what God designed them to be. We are so grateful for a place that totally supports what we believe in our home. I hope our kids turn out to be like their teachers! My highest compliment!
- Posted by Parent - dswal
My son started attending the pre-school in January and he loves it. All the teachers are great, loving and encouraging. I love that my son is learning Bible verses and songs. Mrs. Kelly is absolutely the best! She helped us get acclimated to the school and offered such good advice.
- Posted by Parent - rdsha
I have had my children at West Valley Christian School since age 2 1/2. The preschool was AMAZING. The teachers and assistants were the most loving nurturing people. My kids came home singing a new song every day! The Elementary school is just as loving and wonderful. The Principal is friendly, inspiring and amazing in his motivation to provide a cutting edge school, while maintaining that small, intimate feel. I HIGHLY recommend this school!
- Posted by Parent - susan
We Love WVCS... Our Son is going on his third year. He is currently in the Pre-K program. The teachers and the staff are so loving and caring. WVCS is more than just a school its a family. The children are academically challenged already learning how to spell in pre-k. Most important our son is learning about our Lord. They offer Extracurricular activities even for the preschool. Our little guy loves his soccer class. Its nice to see all the parents involved as well. The school is great about keeping the parents informed. When we moved to this area 3 years ago I prayed to find a good school for our son and we couldnt be more blessed. If you are looking for a loving and caring environment for your child to learn in then WVCS is the school. WE LOVE WVCS!!!!
- Posted by Parent - lmonc
Love WVC school. First year (K) at the school and my son is learning in all areas. Communication with the school is very good. Their heart for God is evident. In all ways I am so happy my son is attending this scool.
- Posted by Parent - hithe
West Valley has very dedicated teachers and staff. The teachers care and love each and every child as their own. The Lord works within this school and biblical knowledge is taught within the classrooms. The sports and academics are wonderful!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - livin
I attended West Valley Christian School and with the awesome staff I excelled when I reached College. I am so glad to be an alumni because what the school invested in me deserves 100% of the credit in my success in the next stage of my life. This school is a great investment for the future not only for the academics but the foundation in Christ that teaches kids valuable life lessons that even I still use daily.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jvipe
My son went to West Valley Christian for 13 years -K thru 12th Thanks -in a major way - to the inspiration and leadership of Dr Lozano- He will graduating next week with an Engineering degree and personal character and values that are priceless
- Posted by Parent - cshea
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.