Somonauk Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (815) 498-2313
- Somonauk Christian School has been educating the children of the Village of Somonauk and surrounding communities since 1973.
- We are committed to provide a Gospel based Christian education to each of our students.
- We offer academic opportunities for Pre-school 3 year old through high school.
- In addition we also provide music, art, computer, and athletic opportunities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||78 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki Navy or black pants and solid color polo Friday are casual days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,750|
|Tuition Notes||Grades 1-12 $375.00 per month Kindergarten $259 per month. Preschool varies.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Deena Norris|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
- Somonauk Christian School is committed to assisting parents in the education and development of their children. Founded in 1973 to provide quality education for children in a positive, godly environment, Somonauk Christian School has been privileged to see scores of young people graduate and become positive members in society. The Goal of Somonauk Christian School is to ensure that each student has the opportunity to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically, and socially (Luke 2:52) in the image of Christ (Romans 8:29). Somonauk Christian School has established the following goals that will shape the education we provide and the basic manner in which we function as a Christian School. We will: ...Strive to reflect each person's God-given value ...In all things submit to the authority of Christ as the Source of all truth. ...Promote the cooperative relationship of the church, home and school ...Strive to blend biblical truth with academic excellence ...Recognize the importance of relationships in the educational process ...Facilitate the family atmosphere that flows from the active partnership of faculty, staff, and all school families
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Montgomery Grades: NS-8 | 71 students
63 Fernwood Rd
Montgomery, IL 60538
(630) 892-0310 18.5 NS-8
- Yorkville Grades: NS-12 | 322 students
201 W Center Street
Yorkville, IL 60560
(630) 553-5158 12 NS-12
My twins have been going to somonauk Christian school for one year and I see great results. Class sizes are excellent, faculty is caring and attentive and my children love school. Their teacher is committed to helping them excell. I feel very supported by this school. I now feel free to concentrate on being their mother.
- Posted by Parent - Heath
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.