Spring Vale Christian School
5.00 (21 reviews)
- Spring Vale was established in 1946 as a boarding school for grades 9 through 12.
- In it's infancy, one building served as both men's and women's dormitories, classrooms, and cafeteria. More than 70 years later, Spring Vale is a vibrant 144 acre campus with more than a dozen structures, seperate dormitories, a soccer field, gymnasium, school building, bus barn, and many faculty housing units. To date, more than 1,000 students have graduated from Spring Vale Christian School.
- While maintaining one of the lowest private school tuition rates in the United States, Spring Vale continues to graduate students at 97% and see 90% of its students attend college.
- Adding to that an amazing faculty to student ratio of 2:1, Spring Vale might be the best value in private education in the United States.
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||43 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Jeans, solid color polo or oxford)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,995|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid is available through grants, scholarships and a work study program.|
|Admissions Director||Kelen Caswell|
|Admissions Associate||Barbie Coulson|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Club, Sound and Light Crew
- Spring Vale Academy was founded in 1946.
- Spring Vale embraces the Classical Chrisitan Curriculum.
- Graduated more than 1,200 students.
- 90% of Spring Vale seniors are accepted into college.
- 82% of Spring Vale graduates finish college with a degree.
- Spring Vale students volunteer for a variety of mission-based programs throughout the school year.
- Students attending Spring Vale Academy receive high quality, Christian values-based instruction.
- Our graduates are well prepared for acceptance to the nation's top higher education institutions.
- Through positive role models, and in words and deeds, the Spring Vale Academy experience prepares students to stay true to their values and embrace Christ throughout life.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Owosso Grades: NS-12 | 97 students
1833 M 21
Owosso, MI 48867
(989)729-1972 4.5 NS-12
- Owosso Grades: PK-8 | 59 students
520 W Stewart St
Owosso, MI 48867
(989)725-2234 4.6 PK-8
- Owosso Grades: K-8 | 118 students
718 W Main St
Owosso, MI 48867
(989)725-7766 4.9 K-8
- Owosso Grades: 4-8 | 8 students
1215 Summit St
Owosso, MI 48867
(989)723-6562 6 4-8
- Laingsburg Grades: PK-12 | 81 students
901 E Grand River Rd
Laingsburg, MI 48848
(517)651-2081 7.2 PK-12
I was privileged to attend from 1996-2000. Spring Vale was an incredible gift to me. The faculty and students shaped me spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally, and physically. In addition to advanced placement courses, ACT tutoring, and other academic resources, I was able to participate in numerous extra-curricular activities including student government, athletics, and service/leadership development. As a boarding student, the school became home and family for me. I was honored to become part of a legacy of Christian education that has shaped thousands of students over many decades. The work of Spring Vale continues as staff and faculty innovate and grow to meet the changing Christian education demands of contemporary society. Check out what they offer and see if it is a resource for your family!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Israel Steinmetz
I really appreciate Spring Vale. I am currently a staff member. I am also an alumni and i fully endorse this school. The family atmosphere is unique and I have made life long friends here. The low student to teacher ratio allows teachers to spend quality one on one time helping students.
- Posted by Teacher - Erin Walters
I didn't attend Spring Vale as a student but instead joined this wonderful community as a staff member almost 6 years ago. Through this experience, I have been tremendously blessed and am so thankful for the opportunity to be a part of such a special place. I encourage everyone who wants to be in a Godly environment, either as a student, faculty member, or volunteer, to consider Spring Vale. You will be blessed too!
- Posted by Administrator - Darrel
Spring Vale is a great school to make good grades and supportive friends. The environment here is nice and great to focus on school. Spring Vale is true to its name: Christian School. Every day we are learning about god with daily chapels,bible classes, and dorm devotions.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Wilson
Springvale has really changed my life for the better I was even baptized almost a year from now. Also, my family generations before I went to school here and worked here.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Harley Dark
I enjoyed this school very much and met Life long friends here. I also felt prepared for my college entrance and did well there also
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bruce
I loved my 4 years as a student at Spring Vale and have been on staff for over 10. There is no place I would rather work.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Pam Noble (Caswell)
I attended SVCS in the 1980s and my daughter attended and graduated in 2011. We both felt that attending a smaller Christian school helped us to feel important and not overlooked in a larger setting. For me, I enjoyed the small class sizes and individual attention I received. I also enjoyed feeling KNOWN. God blessed me through the staff and students at SVCS and I am so thankful for the two years I attended! I would highly recommend to others!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Karen Curran
Being the parent of an alumni and a wife of an alumni and now part of the Spring Vale team I see the importance that this school plays in the lives of students and staff and our community. I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Administrator - Barbie C
I am an Alumni/parent of 3 grads and 1 current student. The education, Spiritual/character guidance, sports programs, and community support and involvement are remarkable for well-rounded students. This school teaches students to. E thinkers, not just learners. I love this school!
- Posted by Parent - Tracy
I have experienced SVC as a student, as a parent of a student, and as a SVC team member. My experiences here have been life changing and I would recommend SVC to anyone seeking a high quality Christian education that helps instill Godly character in the students and prepares young people to stand firm in their faith.
- Posted by Administrator - Mark
The teachers, administrators, and staff have a real heart for reaching and discipline young men and women in Christ. They seek out troubled kids who need personal discipleship to help transform their lives in Christ.
- Posted by Teacher - Rick Ross
My wife Teresa and I both graduated from Spring Vale in the early '70s. For us, it was an ideal environment of academics and extracurricular involvement, built on a solid foundation of faith, in a Christ-centered environment. Our daughter Marty graduated from Spring Vale in 2001, and both she and we were pleased with her experience there. Randy Brunson
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Randy Brunson
Spring Vale provided solid education for me in my High School years. I am a 1958 graduate.My life has taken many turns and today I find myself still using the basic principals that I learned there.Basic education is just the start of what Spring Vale does so well. Life long friends that serve God and give back to their families, churches, communities, and country are the continued result of the Spring Vale experience.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - David Burrell
Spring Vale is a great Christian school. It has helped many people draw closer to Christ and receive a great education. If you are a student, I would like you to give Spring Vale Christian School a try!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Arnold
Both my children graduated from Spring Vale Christian School as well as three generations of Coulson's before them. I have been extremely pleased with the staff and students at SVCS. The staff are dedicated to teaching both academics and the saving grace of Jesus Christ. I highly recommend Spring Vale Christian School.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca Coulson
This school has had tremendous impact that spans the country. The staff are extremely dedicated and I encourage people to check out what they offer.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Tracy Kendrick
Spring Vale is a wonderful place to learn in a safe environment with dedicated teachers and supporters throughout the campus. The relationships here are lifelong and the experience is second to none. I hold this school in the highest regard, think about joining this joyous community.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Danielle Endecott
Spring vale changed my life! I`m so thankful for the years I spent there. It prepared me to be successful in college, graduate with honors, and enjoy a successful career.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Bev
Wow! The faculty and teachers at Spring Vale are so helpful! I loved my experience there as a student and am excited to give back as an Alumnus! If you are looking for a boarding schoo, I highly recommend Spring Vale!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Kelen Caswell
Church affiliation is not Adventist. It is Church of God 7th Day. As a former student and a former staff member, I highly recommend this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - julie
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.