St. Andrew's School
St. Andrew's School Photo #2 - Small classes of 16 students allow for lots of teacher attention and opportunities for hands-on, experiential learning activities.
- St. Andrew`s School is focused on redefining excellence in education through a whole child approach.
- Our whole-child approach nurtures intellectual, creative, moral and spiritual growth, preparing students for success in school and in life. We provide a full scholarship for every child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School logo on red polo shirts with khaki, black or navy pants, skirts, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||St. Andrew's School is a 100% scholarship-based school. All students receive a full scholarship.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Omi Eaddie|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art 180, Lobs and Lessons, Minds in Motion, SPARC
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Spanish, Violin
- St. Andrew`s School, established in 1894 and located in the Oregon Hill section of Richmond, is one of a handful of schools in the country providing high caliber education to children from low-income families through a full scholarship for every child. Employing a whole-child approach to education, paired with a supportive and nurturing environment, St. Andrew`s provides students with sturdy foundations upon which to build successful lives. Our progressive approach comprises hands-on and small group learning, social-emotional development, comprehensive health and wellness programming, and spiritual exploration.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: PK-6 | 100 students
214 Cowardin Avenue
Richmond, VA 23224
(804)231-1786 1.5 PK-6
- Richmond Grades: NS-9 | 225 students
400 South Addison Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804)358-9208 1.1 NS-9
- Richmond Grades: PK-5 | 85 students
8491 Chamberlayne Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804)262-8256 6.9 PK-5
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
Religion is important to you. You want your children to be educated in a school where your religion matters.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.