St. Andrew's School
St. Andrew's School Photo #2 - Small classes of 16 students allow for lots of teacher attention and opportunities for hands-on, experiential learning activities.
- St. Andrew`s School is focused on redefining excellence in education through a whole child approach.
- Our whole-child approach nurtures intellectual, creative, moral and spiritual growth, preparing students for success in school and in life. We provide a full scholarship for every child.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-5|
|Total Students||96 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School logo on red polo shirts with khaki, black or navy pants, skirts, etc.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||St. Andrew's School is a 100% scholarship-based school. All students receive a full scholarship.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Omi Eaddie|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art 180, Lobs and Lessons, Minds in Motion, SPARC
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Spanish, Violin
- St. Andrew`s School, established in 1894 and located in the Oregon Hill section of Richmond, is one of a handful of schools in the country providing high caliber education to children from low-income families through a full scholarship for every child. Employing a whole-child approach to education, paired with a supportive and nurturing environment, St. Andrew`s provides students with sturdy foundations upon which to build successful lives. Our progressive approach comprises hands-on and small group learning, social-emotional development, comprehensive health and wellness programming, and spiritual exploration.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: NS-12 | 147 students
8491 Chamberlayne Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804)262-8256 6.9 NS-12
- Richmond Grades: PK-6 | 100 students
214 Cowardin Avenue
Richmond, VA 23224
(804)231-1786 1.5 PK-6
- Richmond Grades: PK-6 | 110 students
217 W Grace Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804)344-0051 0.5 PK-6
- Richmond Grades: NS-9 | 225 students
400 South Addison Street
Richmond, VA 23220
(804)358-9208 1.1 NS-9
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.