St. Benedict Catholic School
- Our mission: Faithfully Catholic, we educate children in the Classical tradition.
- Combining Catholic fidelity with the rigor of a classical curriculum, we seek to assist parents in their duty as the primary educators of their children, to cultivate the minds and souls of our students, and to provide an education that will help students to grow and bear the fruit of the Gospel message in their lives. Our great appreciation of art, music, and drama, in addition to the core subjects, provides a broad context in which children learn to think, read, compose, and communicate.
- We provide education for Jr.Kindergarten through the 8th grade.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||We have a schedule of tuition for Catholic and Non-Catholic families, $5840-$8425 with multi-child discounts available. Saint Benedict also offers need-based Tuition Assistance made possible by the school, parish, and diocese; however, all families pay s|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Yost|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
- St. Benedict Catholic School offers a classical education that seeks to form the whole human person in a faith-filled environment. The school, staffed by state certified teachers, offers a full, traditional academic curriculum of language arts, mathematics, history, religion, science, foreign language, technology, art, music, and physical education. An extensive library and media center is also maintained. The entire school attends Mass on a weekly basis and the procedures and discipline in the school are tied closely to the idea of virtue. The curriculum is based on over 2,000 years of educational experience that has produced the greatest minds in Western Civilization. Latin is taught to all students, beginning in the 1st grade in order to help students understand grammar and communicate effectively. A prime location in the Museum District of Richmond allows for close interaction with a variety of local resources such as the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. In order to monitor the students' progress, standardized tests are administered to all students each spring. The results are used to identify students' strengths and weaknesses and to assist in instructional planning for each child. Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms are self-contained while grades six, seven, and eight are departmentalized. St. Benedict also sponsors an after-school care program for students. This program provides a full range of activities to meet the needs of our families and functions on the school grounds. Additional extra-curricular activities such as band, sports, drama, chess, and music lessons are also available. Our graduates go on to Benedictine College Preparatory, St. Gertrude High School, Maggie Walker Governor's School, and other private schools or public school specialty centers.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RichmondGrades: K-8 | 460 students
6011 York Rd
Richmond, VA 23226
- RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 151 students
3418 Noble Ave
Richmond, VA 23222
- RichmondGrades: PK-12
6001 Grove Avenue
Richmond, VA 23226
- RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 168 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
- HenricoGrades: PK-8 | 452 students
9501 Gayton Rd
Henrico, VA 23229
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.