The Faison School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (804) 612-1947
- The Faison Center gives children and adults with autism and related challenges the best opportunity to live rich and fulfilling lives.
- The Faison Center's unique life-span model provides Central Virginia with its primary source of world class services for those with autism and their families.
- From early intervention to adult care, we are committed to improving the lives of the individuals we serve.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||161 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At the Faison Center, our mission is clear - to give children and adults with autism and related challenges the best opportunity to improve their life`s journey through evidence-based practice. Our mission across the lifespan is accomplished through specific programs designed to meet the needs of families at different points in their lives: the Faison School, the Faison Behavioral Health Clinic, and Faison Adult Services.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: K-12 | 75 students
8000 Brook Rd
Richmond, VA 23227
(804) 553-3291 4 K-12
- Richmond Grades: 1-12 | 71 students
3900 W Broad St
Richmond, VA 23230
(804) 239-1080 1.3 1-12
- Henrico Grades: K-12 | 82 students
8055 Shrader Road
Henrico, VA 23294
(804) 747-1003 3.4 K-12
Faison is Wonderful. My son loves coming to Faison each day. Every employee that we have seen at Faison is committed to the students and teaching them LIFESKILLS and hands on experience and "LIVING LIFE".FAISON has changed our lives. The location offers the students the opportunity to go out into the community and practice everyday situations. I can't say enough good things about about Faison. FAISON IS PART OF OUR FAMILY and that's how they treat the students, like Family.
- Posted by Parent - Donna M
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.