Our mixed-age kindergartens provide children with a gentle, loving environment where they can grow and thrive. With an emphasis on imagination, creativity, and social skills, children ages 2 1/2 - 6 are introduced to language and culture through stories, verses, songs, and puppetry. They learn practical skills by example with a healthy mixture of active and quiet activities.
Waldorf students go out in the world to experience what they have learned in the classroom. For the third grade class learning about farming, house building, measuring, and weighing to develop and solidify their scientific knowledge, experiential learning means building raised beds, tending to growing plants, and visiting farms.
Visual and performing arts are integral parts of our daily curriculum. Students draw, paint, sculpt, sing, play flute and recorder, and perform dramatic presentations as a part of their academic studies. In addition, all Waldorf students learn to knit, crochet, sew, work with wood, and play violin or cello.
- Waldorf education meets the whole child--head, heart and hands. We take a developmental approach -- the right subjects, in the right way, at the right time.
- Learning is experiential, artistic, engaging. We believe that questions are more important than answers and that all learning grows out of meaningful relationships.
- In addition to a rigorous academic program, all students take Russian, Spanish, handwork and woodworking, violin, recorder, chorus, Eurythmy (movement) and organized games.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America
Waldorf Early Childhood Association of North America
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||129 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$12,925|
|Tuition Notes||3 day kindergarten 5000 5 day kindergarten 7150 Grades 1-3 12100 Grades 4-8 12925|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$4,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Rachel White|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Orchestra Choir, Orchestra,|
- The right subjects at the right time in the right way- That`s what Waldorf schools do.With 100 years' experience, Waldorf schools know when students are ready for new subjects, new concepts, and new skills. Our education serves students for the rest of their lives.
- Waldorf schools help students develop into people who will make
the world a better place by offering
- 1. a rigorous academic program that develops clear, creative, purposeful thinking;
- 2. a supportive social environment that builds self-awareness, empathy, and the ability to collaborate;
- 3. classes in foreign languages, music, movement, and the arts that foster self-expression, competence, and confidence;
- 4. two daily outdoor play times that nourish and reinvigorate body, mind, and soul.
- Come check out RWS! A 21st century education based on 100 years' experience.
High quality academics fueled by teachers who truly care about each child and celebrate each unique spirit in a way that allows confidence to flourish and creativity to flow.The parent community is awesome, the staff has to the best anywhere, but the most incredible part of this school is the kids. It is truly inspiring to witness what a child is capable of when allowed to develop in this kind of environment.
- Posted by Parent - baahi
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.