Seven Hills School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (804) 329-6300
Seven Hills School Photo #3 - Once a month our signature Experiential Fridays move down to the James River where students engage in environmental labs, team building, outdoor fun, and community service.
Seven Hills School Photo #4 - At Seven Hills everything is designed with the adolescent boy in mind. We keep classes small for individual attention and close connections.
- Seven Hills is founded on the very real belief that the differences between girls and boys are significant enough to support a model school committed to instruction and learning methods based on current research as it reflects the hearts and minds of boys in the middle years.
- At Seven Hills, we have the opportunity to create from the ground up an environment that values one-on-one learning. Teachers are encouraged to reduce teaching time in the front of the classroom and work side by side with each student during class periods.
- Learning assessments employed at Seven Hills are selected for their ability to individualize learning strategies for each student.
- Tests that are incorporated in the Seven Hills community will function as learning exercises that deepen the learning experience rather than generate performance-based comparisons.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
International Boys' Schools Coalition
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,640|
|Admissions Director||Mr. Drew M. Lineberger|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Mountain Biking, SoccerBasketball, Mountain Biking,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Debate, Game Club, Model UN, Video Game Club, Yearbook
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Richmond Grades: 5-8 | 71 students
500 N Allen Ave
Richmond, VA 23220
(804) 228-2436 0.9 5-8
- Orlando Grades: K-12 | 670 students
9307 Curry Ford Road
Orlando, FL 32825
(407) 275-8031 663 K-12
Because of moving and age of our boys it has landed us in various school configurations throughout the years, a total of 4 private schools and 2 public schools, so we have experienced several different settings and kinds of education. Seven Hills School has by far been the best school for our boys (currently two attend). They are academically strong and could have excelled anywhere, but here its not a sole focus on academics. Do not get me wrong academics are strong and the boys' graduate and do very well in all different local private and public high schools. This school goes beyond typical academics and teaches critical thinking (something we found not truly being taught in many other schools), as well as supporting the boys to develop their character in a environment that is not threatening.
- Posted by Parent - Neva
Seven Hills School is amazing. Because of many different reasons we have been to 6 other schools (private and public) and by far this school has provided the best fit for our boys. The school's philosophy is to focus on the whole child, providing an academically rigorous curriculum (see the list of where the boys are accepted for high school), but also adding as much emphasis for character development, self confidence and really nurturing the boy to be the best person he can be!
- Posted by Parent - Dan
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.