Our mission: Faithfully Catholic, we educate children in the Classical tradition.
Combining Catholic fidelity with the rigor of a classical curriculum, we seek to assist parents in their duty as the primary educators of their children, to cultivate the minds and souls of our students, and to provide an education that will help students to grow and bear the fruit of the Gospel message in their lives. Our great appreciation of art, music, and drama, in addition to the core subjects, provides a broad context in which children learn to think, read, compose, and communicate. We provide education for Jr.Kindergarten through the 8th grade.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked VA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 212 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Benedict School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
We have a schedule of tuition for Catholic and Non-Catholic families, $5840-$8425 with multi-child discounts available. Saint Benedict also offers need-based Tuition Assistance made possible by the school, parish, and diocese; however, all families pay s
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- St. Benedict Catholic School offers a classical education that seeks to form the whole human person in a faith-filled environment. The school, staffed by state certified teachers, offers a full, traditional academic curriculum of language arts, mathematics, history, religion, science, foreign language, technology, art, music, and physical education. An extensive library and media center is also maintained. The entire school attends Mass on a weekly basis and the procedures and discipline in the school are tied closely to the idea of virtue. The curriculum is based on over 2,000 years of educational experience that has produced the greatest minds in Western Civilization. Latin is taught to all students, beginning in the 1st grade in order to help students understand grammar and communicate effectively. A prime location in the Museum District of Richmond allows for close interaction with a variety of local resources such as the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. In order to monitor the students' progress, standardized tests are administered to all students each spring. The results are used to identify students' strengths and weaknesses and to assist in instructional planning for each child. Pre-kindergarten through fifth grade classrooms are self-contained while grades six, seven, and eight are departmentalized. St. Benedict also sponsors an after-school care program for students. This program provides a full range of activities to meet the needs of our families and functions on the school grounds. Additional extra-curricular activities such as band, sports, drama, chess, and music lessons are also available. Our graduates go on to Benedictine College Preparatory, St. Gertrude High School, Maggie Walker Governor's School, and other private schools or public school specialty centers.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does St. Benedict School offer?
St. Benedict School offers 4 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football and Soccer.
What is St. Benedict School's ranking?
St. Benedict School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Virginia for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Benedict School?
The application deadline for St. Benedict School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the St. Benedict School yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Last Day for JK
June 06, 2023 (Tuesday)
Last Day for Yay Lunch
June 06, 2023 (Tuesday)
Last Day ASE is Available
June 07, 2023 (Wednesday)
First Day of Classes K-8
August 22, 2023 (Tuesday)
School Holiday-Thanksgiving Break
November 20, 2023 (Monday)
Endorse St. Benedict School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Montessori Schools: An Overview
Are you curious about an educational approach that nurtures independent, creative, and lifelong learners? Look no further! We invite you to dive into the fascinating world of Montessori education and unlock its incredible potential for your children.
Securing Your School
With the rise of school shootings and other violent incidents, it is essential to have a comprehensive plan in place to protect everyone on your school campus.
Overview of State Voucher Programs in the United States
More than twelve states and the District of Columbia have education voucher programs. We describe the various programs and offer suggestions on how to use them so your child can attend private school.