St Cecilia School
- St. Cecilia School is a Catholic elementary, Christ-centered urban school helping to prepare its students to proclaim the Good News and to translate Gospel values into action.
- The education received is important both for the individual, in promoting the dignity of human life, and for society, in actively pursuing peace and justice.
- These skills and virtues are necessary for effective service to the community, and for the development of a well-balanced person.
- Therefore, as a faith community, we see that our Vision is to provide an atmosphere in which each child can develop spiritually, intellectually, emotionally, socially, and physically.
- We, the people of St. Cecilia's, are called to be a Eucharistic community of prayer & service for the glory and praise of our God.
- Our Parish Family will work to give witness to Gospel values in today's society, and this will have the effect of building up the Body of Christ.
- St. Cecilia Parish was organized by Archbishop John Glennon on August 4, 1906, with Father Bernard Benten as the founding pastor.
- It was begun to serve the needs of the growing population of an area that had been part of the common fields of the city of Carondelet and was being developed.
- The first Mass was offered on September 2, 1906 at the St. Joseph's Boys Home.
- The cornerstone of the first church was laid on May 19, 1907, and the church was blessed on January 1, 1908.
- This combination church and school was located on the site of the present parking lot on Eichelberger at Louisiana, and was razed after the new school was completed.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||185 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Louis Grades: PK-8 | 162 students
1360 Tamm Avenue
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)647-5244 4.6 PK-8
- Saint Louis Grades: K-8 | 223 students
5821 Pernod Ave
Saint Louis, MO 63139
(314)752-4171 3 K-8
- Saint Louis Grades: 4
4753 S Grand Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63111
(314)481-9121 0.3 4
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.