St Edwards School
- Since 1885, St. Edward's School has been conducted in three different buildings.
- Classes at first were conducted in the building which was divided into church, school, and parsonage.
- In 1924, the old church building was moved about 80 feet, on the Ferry Steet side of the church property, and remodeled to serve as school and parish hall.
- It served until the present school was dedicated in 1955.
- An annex containing a large gymnasium and additional classrooms was added in 1962. Peak enrollment of 360 pupils was in 1965-1972.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||181 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 13%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Little Rock Grades: NS-12 | 1436 students
19010 Cantrell Road
Little Rock, AR 72223
(501)868-9822 13.3 NS-12
- Little Rock Grades: PK-12 | 1360 students
12701 Hinson Road
Little Rock, AR 72212
(501)604-1910 8.5 PK-12
- Benton Grades: K-8 | 75 students
818 W Cross St
Benton, AR 72015
(501)315-3398 22.2 K-8
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.