St. Hedwig School
- Saint Hedwig Parish School is committed to providing a quality Catholic education to students in pre-kindergarten through grade eight within a welcoming, supportive, family environment.
- Saint Hedwig Parish School attempts to establish a Christian community in the pursuit of excellence in elementary education.
- Our staff and faculty encourage each child to pass their own individual bar of excellence while helping them reach their academic and personal goals.
- Catholic education at Saint Hedwig Parish School provides a diversity of learning experiences which focus on the individual as a person with unique qualities, special needs, and the right to acquire the proper skills that will be necessary for a productive secular and spiritual life.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-9|
|Total Students||162 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southington Grades: K-12 | 125 students
1505 West St
Southington, CT 06489
(860)621-6701 11.7 K-12
- Waterbury Grades: PK-12 | 185 students
565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)236-9560 3.3 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.