St Hilary School
Tel: (773) 561-5885
- St. Hilary School is an integral part of the St. Hilary Parish faith community.
- The purpose of this elementary school is to provide an atmosphere in which all students strive for excellence: spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, emotionally and socially within a multicultural environment.
- The faculty cooperates with the pastor, administration, parents/guardians in offering the guidance and example necessary to initiate and develop Catholic Christian attitudes.
- They strive to develop programs of instruction that stimulate the intellectual abilities of each child and enable students to become self-motivated and self-disciplined in the pursuit of academic excellence and life-long learning.
- By acknowledging the richness of individual differences in culture, ability, interest, need and motivation, the school will use a variety of current and innovative teaching techniques designed to offer stimulating and dynamic learning experiences.
- Within the evangelizing mission of the Catholic Church, St. Hilary School is called upon to encourage students to develop a personal relationship with God, to support active participation in all dimensions of Church life, to foster a sense of community within our multicultural neighborhood.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Response to Intervention, Academic Resource Faculty, Remedial Reading, Learning Specialities, Counseling Services, Gifted and Accelerated Students|
|Total Students||197 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Black Pants, Shorts or Plaid Skirts and Red and White Uniform Polos)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,200|
|Admissions Director||Judee Pyrcz|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Altar Servers, Band and Violin, Bell Choir, Book Club, Chess Club, Choir, Computer Lab, EarthSavers, Electronics Club, Homework Club, Learning Centers, Model Club, Student Council, Testing Centers|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-K | 12 students
5911 N Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60659
(773) 334-4010 0.4 PK-K
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 73 students
5220 N California Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
(773) 769-0733 0.5 PK-8
- Chicago Grades: 5-12 | 16 students
6050 N California Avenue
Chicago, IL 60659
(773) 761-4651 0.5 5-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.