St Philip Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (773) 561-9830
St Philip Lutheran School Photo #3 - Proud of our graduates and the excellent high schools they are accepted into
St Philip Lutheran School Photo #9 - Extended Care room - a great place to do homework or play with friends
- St. Philip Lutheran School prepares students to succeed in an academically rigorous and Christ-centered environment that strives for excellence in all areas.
- The academic program is designed to enable students to master content standards and skills necessary to be successful in a setting that meets the needs of the student on his/her level of development and growth, providing support, encouragement, and challenge that leads to high achievement.Teachers at St. Philip are highly qualified and skilled, trained and equipped to use research-based strategies that develop critical thinkers, are effective communicators, creative contributors, self-directed and collaborative learners.
- The curricular and co-curricular programs provide an educational atmosphere that supports academic success, encouraging students to achieve their potential and utilize their gifts so they can impact their world for Christ in whatever career God calls them.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||70 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Listed for Kindergarten through eighth grades. Call for tuition rates for Preschool|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andrea Bateman|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
cooking, Craft Club, Crochet Club, Girl Scouts of America, Reading club, technology
Arts and Music Programs:
- We are excited to introduce you to our school and give you a glimpse of what makes St. Philip unique. St. Philip is a close-knit community where each student is valued as an individual, and where we strive to acknowledge and celebrate the best in everyone who spends time on our campus-students, faculty, parents, and staff. Students are appreciated, encouraged, and challenged within our comprehensive program. We graduate thoughtful scholars who are also conscientious citizens ready to contribute positively to high school and beyond. Therefore, we look for students who have innate curiosities, a love of learning, and a desire to better themselves and the communities around them. Our admission process is designed to ensure a good fit for all involved-student, family, and school. Our promise to you: We will know your child. We will love your child. We will prepare your child.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 718 students
6250 N Sheridan Road
Chicago, IL 60660
(773) 262-4446 2 PK-8
My daughter started at St Philip when she was two. Eight years later I'm still thrilled with the education she receives. Learning should be joyful, and St Philip definitely makes this happen. The teachers emphasize meaningful, exciting learning. This year she went to a week-long overnight outdoor education camp. Her class has ventured to a local park to explore simple machines in action on the playground. The whole school makes regular treks to the nearby nature center to explore anything from animal life to art in nature. These are the learning experiences she'll remember for the rest of her life. St Philip is a small school where my child excels academically and socially. Every staff member knows my child and has a relationship with her. There's an active parent network that plans multiple family events throughout the year. St Philip is a great place and I'm glad I chose it for my child.
- Posted by Parent - Karen
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.