Sacred Heart Schools
- Established in 1876, Sacred Heart has educated Chicago's children for more than 140 years.
- As a Catholic, independent school, Sacred Heart provides a remarkable and challenging curriculum, as well as opportunities for service and engagement in topics and projects that facilitate social awareness.
- Student/teacher ratio is 8:1, guaranteeing personalized attention for each student.
- Unique in Chicago, our purposeful blend of single-gender and co-educational learning experiences encourages engagement, dispels gender stereotypes, and builds our students' confidence.
- Active participation in the international network of 150 Sacred Heart schools in 41 countries ensures students graduate with an awareness of their place in the global community.
- Ninety-five percent of Sacred Heart graduates are accepted into their first-choice high school.
Sacred Heart Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools (LMAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Cost ranges from $650-$950|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||718 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||88 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 9|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,740|
|Tuition Notes||Half-day preschool tuition is $16,304. Activity Fees range from $375 - $745 *The Activity Fee covers the cost of the Sacred Heart Yearbook, local field trips, participation in interscholastic sports, the Core Before and After School Program, and selected extracurricular arts activities.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,250|
|Admissions Director||Judy Corrin|
|Admissions Associate||James Nuessen|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts, Brownie Girl Scouts, Chess, Choir, Cub Scouts, Debate, Debate Team, Girl Scouts, Math Club, Science Olympiads
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Glee Club, Musical Theater
WHAT SETS SACRED HEART APART
Catholic and Independent
Sacred Heart is Chicago's oldest independent school, serving the city's children since 1876. We are rooted in Catholicism and warmly welcome families of all faiths in a vibrant, diverse community. Senior kindergarten through 8th grade is located on our historic campus overlooking Lake Michigan at 6250 N. Sheridan Road. Our Preschool Campus is located at Saint Andrew Greek Orthodox Church-just off of Lake Shore Drive at the corner of Sheridan Road and Hollywood Avenue.
A Unique, Innovative Approach to Education
Our approach to education combines a dynamic and challenging curriculum within a nurturing environment. With the support and dedication of exceptional teachers and staff, our students are inspired to achieve their best and be their best selves. Our community is guided by five timeless principles: faith, intellect, service, community, and personal growth. As a result, students graduate with a strong academic foundation, as well as confidence and values-ready to leave a positive mark on their communities and in the city`s best high schools.
The Network of Sacred Heart Schools
Founded in 1876, Sacred Heart Schools is Chicago's oldest independent school and is recognized world-wide, with 22 schools in the United States and more than 150 internationally.
Of Special Interest
- Sacred Heart offers bus transportation from the Gold Coast, Lakeview, Lincoln Park, Lincoln Square, Old Town, Roscoe Village, and Ravenswood.
- More than $2.7 million in need-based tuition assistance is awarded to 24% of our students.
- Free before school beginning at 7:30 am is available to all families.
- Free afterschool care until 6 pm is available to SK-8 families.
- Applications are available through Ravenna-hub.com by creating an account and searching "Sacred Heart Schools" in the Chicago area.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-K | 292 students
5611 N Clark St
Chicago, IL 60660
(773)561-6707 1 NS-K