St Ignatius College Prep
- Saint Ignatius College Prep, a Jesuit Catholic school in the heart of Chicago, is a diverse community dedicated to educating young men and women for lives of faith, love, service and leadership.
- Through outstanding teaching and personal formation, the school challenges its talented student body to intellectual excellence, integrity, and life-long learning and growth.
- Inspired by the gospel of Jesus Christ, this community strives to use God's gifts to promote social justice for the greater glory of God.
- The Athletic Department endeavors to match the academic excellence of the school by offering twenty-five interscholastic sports for girls and boys.
- In most years, nearly sixty percent of the students at Saint Ignatius participate in interscholastic athletics.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Jesuit Secondary Education Association (JSEA)|
National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||1,373 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||86 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Park Grades: 9-12 | 1184 students
505 Washington Blvd
Oak Park, IL 60302
(708)386-0127 7 9-12
- La Grange Park Grades: 9-12 | 750 students
1209 West Ogden Avenue
La Grange Park, IL 60526
(708)354-0061 12.4 9-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-12 | 2094 students
1362 E 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637
(773)702-9451 6.3 PK-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.