St. John Evangelist Elementary School
Tel: (410) 592-9585
Saint John the Evangelist School is a Catholic ArchdiocesanCollaborative School dedicated to spreading the Good News byproviding a comprehensive education rooted in Roman CatholicChristian values and traditions.
St. John`s has beeneducating students for more than 150 years and welcomes students inPre-K 3 through 8th grade. For more information about SaintJohn`s, please visit http://www.stjohnhydes.org/.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||178 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see tuition rates at: http://www.stjohnhydes.org/admissions/tuition.html|
|Admissions Director||Pamela Turnbull|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, LacrosseBasketball, Lacrosse,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar, Book, Broadcasting, Chess, Drama, Garden, Homework, Newspaper, Running, Safety, Social, Student, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Art, Band, Choir
- Saint John the Evangelist School, located in beautiful Long GreenValley, provides preschool (half-day and all-day), elementaryschool, and middle school. With an average yearly enrollment of 200students, St. John`s offers an intimate environment and smallclass sizes.
- Their curriculum follows the Archdiocese of Baltimore Course ofStudy and encompasses foreign language, technology, and the arts.This technology-driven school has interactive SMART Boards are ineach classroom, a computer lab, and Microsoft Surface tablets.
- A Catholic education makes a difference. Graduates of St. John areequipped to excel at a Catholic, private, or public high schoolboth personally and academically.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bel Air Grades: PK-8 | 665 students
205 N Hickory Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 879-1113 7.6 PK-8
- Baltimore Grades: NS-12 | 613 students
822 W Lake Ave
Baltimore, MD 21210
(410) 377-5192 11.8 NS-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.