St. Michael's Academy
Tel: (703) 745-1948
- St. Michael's Academy offers high quality, Christian preschool and elementary programs in a family-friendly environment.
- We serve children from age 2 through fifth grade. St. Michael's Academy is interdenominational.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Jennifer Nelson|
- St. Michaels Academy has been serving the Haymarket/Gainesville area for over 20 years. We are committed to producing both saints and scholars by providing a rich, challenging education in a loving, Christian environment. Relying on a rigorous, classical curriculum, our students are equipped for the greatest of academic challenges, and most perform one to two years above grade level on standardized tests. By maintaining a low student-to-teacher ratio (most classes have about 10 students), St. Michaels is able to provide each individual child the care and attention she or he deserves. And our emphasis on Christian character development further prepares our students to become Christ-like witnesses and shining lights (Sparks) to those around them.
- In addition to our core curriculum, our kindergarten and elementary students all partake in Music, Art, P.E., and chapel as part of their regular program, and our upper elementary students have Software Programming and STEM classes once a week. St. Michaels Academy teaches Spanish to all grade levels beginning in Pre-K3, and German is available for students in Pre-K4 and older. We also employ preschool classroom assistants and a dedicated elementary Resource Teacher to provide additional academic and classroom management support at all grade levels. And we offer an incredibly rich variety of extracurricular classes, including: Ballet, Jazz, Martial Arts, Piano, Chorus, Soccer, Photography, German, Advanced Art, and we are forming our own competitive Lego Robotics team.
- St. Michaels Academy provides before, after, and extended care at very reduced rates for those families whose schedules require some extra flexibility. We also offer lunch services four days a week to our kindergarten and elementary students.St. Michaels currently maintains two campuses, both located in the heart of historic Haymarket, VA. Our preschool is located on Fayette Street (just past the red caboose), and our kindergarten and elementary students attend classes at the former Old P.A.C.E. West building on Washington Street, our Sparks campus. The Sparks facility includes a well-equipped STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) and Computer Lab, a dedicated Art studio, a music room, a Spanish room, athletic fields, a large playground, an outdoor basketball court, and a huge gymnasium of which we have exclusive use. Our preschoolers also enjoy their own computer lab, equipped with brand-new laptops and iPads.
- If you are interested in learning more about St. Michaels, please call our Registrar, Jennifer Nelson, at: (703) 754-1948. Private tours, classroom observations, and student shadow days are available. Come see why St. Michaels is so special. Wed love to have you be a part of our warm, loving community and discover firsthand what a difference a St. Michaels education can make in the life of your child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Haymarket Grades: PK-5 | 272 students
6735 Fayette St
Haymarket, VA 20169
(703) 754-1948 0 PK-5
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.