St John Primary
- St. John Primary / St. Theresa Middle, one school, two campuses, educating pre-K through eighth grade, focuses on integrating values of the Catholic faith with a high quality education. The faculty and staff are committed to the religious and academic education of each child to his or her full potential.St. John Primary / St. Theresa Middle offers a strong core curriculum enhanced by enrichment classes including music, art, physical education, computer, and Spanish.
- Advanced placement in math and English is available for seventh and eighth grade students.
- Students at both schools strive for spiritual growth through weekly mass participation, service projects, retreats, and community prayer.
- Our goal is to guide each child in experiencing instruction that promotes acceptance, tolerance, love, individuality, inquiry and success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||403 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,334|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K & K tuition is $4,972. Pre-K, K and 1st grade classes also have a teacher aide.|
|Admissions Director||Johnnie W. Balfantz|
|Admissions Associate||Tracie Waguespack|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Intramural Sports Only, SoccerBasketball, Intramural Sports Only,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care|
Club or Organization:
Before School Care, Computer Class/Lab, Running Club
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Art Classes, Art Classes, Choir, Music Class
- Our mission at St. John Primary and St. Theresa Middle is to serve one another through Catholic values as we strive for spiritual growth and academic excellence.
- We, the administration, faculty and staff of St. John Primary School and St. Theresa Middle, are committed to the religious and academic education of each child to his or her full potential. We work in partnership with parents, the primary educators of their child, to guide each child through instruction that promotes acceptance, tolerance, love, individuality, inquiry and success. The child should assume responsibility for learning, understanding that education is a lifelong process. Our ultimate goal is to continue our faith in order to achieve eternal salvation. Our school community strives to live the gospel of Jesus Christ through worship and service.
- EA/EI Regional Catholic School Partnership:
- St. John Primary (SJP) and St. Theresa Middle (STA) are member schools of the East Ascension/East Iberville Regional Catholic School Partnership. Due to a growing demand for Catholic education in the Ascension area, a partnership among seven church parishes was formed. The Most Reverend Bishop Robert W. Muench of the Diocese of Baton Rouge promulgated this partnership in 2005.With the transfer of classes to the St. John campus, St. Theresa Early Learning Center was established, which later became St. John Primary. The Partnership now serves the following church parishes in the area including St. Anne, St. Anthony, Holy Rosary, St. Gabriel, St. John the Evangelist, St. Joseph, St. Mark, St. Stephen, and St. Theresa of Avila.
- The application process for both St. John Primary and St. Theresa Middle for the 2017-2018 school year is currently open. To learn more visit www.sjp-sta.org/admissions/
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-8 | 521 students
8850 Goodwood Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70806
(225)926-4885 12.9 PK-8
- Baton Rouge Grades: PK-12 | 131 students
15333 Jefferson Highway
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
(225)293-0141 6.4 PK-12
- Baton Rouge Grades: NS-5 | 64 students
5228 Perkins Road
Baton Rouge, LA 70808
(225)767-6620 12.7 NS-5
June 07, 2018
If you have the chance to move overseas, don't worry about educating your children. You have several options.
May 31, 2018
Sending your children to a summer program or camp keeps them active in fun-filled settings. We explore your options.
May 10, 2018
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.