St. John's Lutheran School
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||128 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$1,050|
|Tuition Notes||This amount is for one child in our school. If there is more than one child in a family, the next child would be less. When there are four children of one family enrolled, the fourth child is free.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Chris Mueller|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Softball,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
Arts and Music Programs:
- St. John's Lutheran School exists to provide Christ-centered education for children. It is a full-time educational agency, giving every child an opportunity not found in any public school -- A BALANCED PROGRAM for the SOUL, MIND, and BODY. We believe that an education without Christ is one without foundation and real purpose. We believe that all school subjects must be taught in the light of God's inspired and errorless Word.
- Our goals are a solid education in secular learning and a solid spiritual and moral training based on the immovable foundation of Holy Scripture to prepare our children for a God-pleasing life here on earth and for eternal life in heaven. The underlying philosophy of our Christian education is based on faith in Jesus, the Savior. Through Him we are reconciled to God the Father and are assured of forgiveness of sins and eternal life in heaven through the working of God's Holy Spirit. We aim to let God's wisdom, as revealed in the Bible, speak on all matters. This Christ-centered philosophy, and God's blessing on all our endeavors, should motivate our children to strive for a life on earth that reflects their love for God and all people.
- In Christian education nothing is purposely neglected that is considered essential to a curriculum of elementary education. Based on the principle that "the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Proverbs 9:10), a complete course of study is offered in the secular subjects commonly taught in Preschool-Grade 8. Our school strives to do this with the conviction that it involves precious gifts of God which are to be cherished and used so the child can take his proper place in and render valuable service to the home, community, and church.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stevens Point Grades: PK-8 | 154 students
1919 Wyatt Avenue
Stevens Point, WI 54481
(715)344-5660 100.8 PK-8
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 111 students
792 Milford St
Watertown, WI 53094
(920)262-0612 2.1 PK-8
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 54 students
626 Milford St
Watertown, WI 53094
(920)261-8060 1 PK-8
- Watertown Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
N534 County Road R
Watertown, WI 53098
(920)925-3791 4.6 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.