St Johns Lutheran School
- LUMIN Schools is thrilled to open its first school in Beloit, Wisconsin for the 2019-2020 school year in partnership with St. John`s Lutheran Church.
- It will be an honor to serve the families in the Beloit community, providing local children with a high-quality, faith-based education.
- LUMIN will open the school as part of the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program (WPCP) with 4 year-old kindergarten through fourth grade.
- Each year following, a grade will be added all the way up to eighth grade.
- LUMIN is a new name in Beloit, but it is a well-recognized and respected name in Milwaukee and Racine where it operates a network of five schools.
- Over the years, LUMIN has built a reputation for top-notch teachers who blend traditional instruction with technology and project-based learning to keep students engaged and excited.
- LUMIN also focuses on character education, which gives students a foundation to become productive citizens and make positive choices today and in the future.
- Each year, the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction gives each school a report card with one of five ratings, ranging from "Fails to Meet Expectations" all the way to "Significantly Exceed Expectations." We are proud that the most recent report cards rated three LUMIN Schools as "Exceeds Expectations," and two of our schools received the highest rating of "Significantly Exceeds Expectations." It`s our goal to exceed your expectations at the newest LUMIN School, St. John`s Lutheran School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki or navy pants and red or navy polo)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Apr. 20 / Aug. 26 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance and Scholarships Available for families that don't qualify for the voucher program|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
The mission of St. John's Lutheran School is to provide a safe Christian school focused on educational success, leadership development and spiritual growth.
- Full-day 4K, 5K and grades 1 - 4 with a grade added each year up to 8th grade
- Free breakfast and lunch
- Safe and nurturing environment
- Faith-based instruction and Christian values
- High academic standards
- Technology in every classroom
- Hands-on, workshop-based instruction
- Individual and small-group instruction
- Focus on college and career readiness
- Free tuition for qualifying families through the Wisconsin Parental Choice Program
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Beloit Grades: PK-8 | 102 students
320 Elmwood Ave
South Beloit, IL 61080
(779)475-0560 1.4 PK-8
- Beloit Grades: K-9 | 153 students
2222 Shopiere Rd
Beloit, WI 53511
(608)365-4014 2.5 K-9
- Beloit Grades: K-12 | 154 students
5122 S Driveiftwood Drive, Janesville and 916 Bushnell, Beloit
Beloit, WI 53511
(608)365-7378 6.7 K-12
- Janesville Grades: NS-8 | 85 students
305 Lincoln St
Janesville, WI 53548
(608)752-2031 11.6 NS-8