St Joseph Catholic Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (417) 866-0667
St Joseph Catholic Academy Photo #2 - Students are held to high standards in the areas of self-discipline and work-study skills resulting in a quiet productive learning environment.
St Joseph Catholic Academy Photo #3 - Small class sizes (average 15) allow each and every student to "shine". Teachers are accomplished at helping students to recognize and develop their unique gifts and have the time to help each student in those areas where support might be needed.
St Joseph Catholic Academy Photo #4 - In addition to the core curriculum which includes Religion, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Art, students are offered Vocal Music, Honors Choir, Band, PE, Technology, Spanish, and, for our 8th graders, Aplogetics.
- At St. Joseph Catholic Academy we take care of the whole child...their spiritual, academic, and behavioral sides.
- We LOVE what we do. Our updated curriculum includes technology, our diversity, our clubs and special classes, and our top notch teachers set us apart.
- God has called us to care for His children and we try each day to do our very best.
- EVERY child matters. Our mission is to assist families in the education of the whole child in an atmosphere rich in Catholic teachings and Christian values.
- We are: Passionate about our Faith, Challenging in our academics And Committed to our families! Give us a call at 866.0667. You have found the "best kept secret in Springfield!" .
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, shorts, skirts with maroon uniform polo shirt and tennis shoes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,495|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Catholic families is one of three (3) amount tiers and collected yearly, twice of year or monthly over 11 months.|
|Admissions Director||Bonnie Johnson|
- At St. Joseph Catholic Academy we CARE for the whole child...their spiritual, academic, and behavioral sides. We LOVE what we do. God has called us to care for His children and we try each day to do our very best. EVERY child matters. Our mission is to assist families in the education of the whole child in an atmosphere rich in Catholic teachings and Christian values. Through education, we seek to prepare each student to proclaim the Good News, to translate it to action, and to transform oneself and society with God's help. We integrate religious truth and values with life. We strive to create a Christian educational environment conductive to spiritual, intellectual, social, emotional, physical, and aesthetic growth of each student committed to the care of Springfield Catholic Schools. We believe that prime responsibility for creating this unique Christian school climate rests with the teachers, as individuals and as a community. As an educational community, our intent is to enable our students, through a challenging curriculum, to reach their full potential as Christian individuals.
- People that viewed St Joseph Catholic Academy also viewed these schools: Christian Schools Of Springfield.
St. Joseph Catholic Academy has been an excellent school for my children for the last 5 years. The teachers are extremely knowledgeable about child development and each child is guided to reach their full potential. The classes are small and this allows the teachers to really understand what each student needs to achieve. I am so glad that my children are learning about their spirituality as well as about art, physical fitness, computers, Spanish, vocal and instrumental music. The newly expanded outdoor play and learning area will be the icing on the cake! If you work in the downtown Springfield area, like I do, it is convenient to bring my kids to school. The onsite aftercare program helps me finish my work day without worrying about the kids. I highly recommend this school. Submitted in July of 2016!
- Posted by Parent - GigiS
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.