St Joseph Elementary School
- The mission of St. Joseph School is to build a Catholic environment that promotes excellence in learning and development of the whole person through the Gospel message.
- Together with parents, staff, and our parish community, we seek to form leaders by guiding our students to their highest levels of spiritual and academic potential.
- We offer an environment which encompasses a quality academic curriculum, mutual respect, intellectual curiosity, and service to others.
- St. Joseph School is committed to offering its students the opportunity to develop their individual talents and abilities.
- We provide quality academic instruction designed to challenge each student to self-direction.
- In the academic sphere, students are guided to develop basic skills and to acquire knowledge that is the foundation for further learning in the academic, practical, and technological world in which we live.
- They are helped to grow toward learning to think morally, rationally, logically, and critically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lockport Grades: PK-8 | 28 students
21514 W Division St
Lockport, IL 60441
(815)730-0664 4.7 PK-8
- Lockport Grades: K-9 | 235 students
1201 S Washington St
Lockport, IL 60441
(815)838-4494 0.5 K-9
- Joliet Grades: NS-8 | 497 students
608 N Raynor Ave
Joliet, IL 60435
(815)722-6626 4.7 NS-8
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.