St Joseph School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- The mission of St. Joseph School is to recognize each child as a unique person loved by God.
- The educational program promotes the life-long process of personal development, academic learning and growing in faith.
- The school staff works with parents to help each child succeed with dignity.
- We believe that the purpose of St. Joseph School is to provide a Catholic education for each student who, with his/her unique needs and learning style, is created by God with the potential for a productive life on earth as well as a destiny in the life to come.
- We believe that parents are the primary educators of their children.
- We mutually share with the family, the Church, and society the responsibility of assisting each child with the harmonious development of physical, moral, intellectual, cultural, and spiritual endowments.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||165 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kankakee Grades: PK-8 | 125 students
907 S 9th Ave
Kankakee, IL 60901
(815)932-7911 1.1 PK-8
I am a Class of 1948 graduate of St. Joseph Grade School and attribute the education I received to my success in the commercial and aerospace world. The emphasis on English, math and spelling enabled me to write and/or edit technical papers published in professional journals later in life. Thank you....
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Maury Shumaker
Quality in offering Faith Formation, love of God, high academic standards, family focus, succeed with dignity, weekly worship, active participation in IESA events. Many graduates continue to excel in high school. Strong angel buddy system among the students and a very invested Parent Club and Athletic Board. Parents are extremely dedicated to raising funds to help the parish with the cost of the school.
- Posted by Administrator - mhett
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.