- St. Mary’s is known for its welcoming environment where your children will be taught to embrace their Catholic identity and live the Gospel values they are taught.
- They will be challenged to discover and share their God-given talents with the world.
- St. Mary’s School teaches students to have high expectations and to be responsible, independent, enthusiastic learners who value and respect their learning community.
- Children learn that they are empowered and expected to contribute to and maintain the peaceful learning environment of St. Mary’s.
- We are truly educating leaders for the new century. Dedicated to the teaching mission of the Church, and rooted in the Mercy tradition of hospitality and concern for those in any kind of need, St. Mary's School, animated by the Spirit of Jesus is committed to the Catholic education of children, Pre-K through Grade 8.
- We provide a safe and happy place for students to come for spiritual, academic and personal growth, in a Christ-centered and family-centered environment, starting students on a life-long quest for excellence, justice, peace and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||124 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(See school handbook)
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,003|
|Tuition Notes||In parish Tuition rate|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Watters|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, VolleyballBasketball, Volleyball,
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Big RapidsGrades: PK-8 | 136 students
408 W Bellevue St
Big Rapids, MI 49307
Reed CityGrades: PK-8 | 87 students
139 W Church Ave
Reed City, MI 49677
EvartGrades: PK-12 | 52 students
3976 80th Ave
Evart, MI 49631
MorleyGrades: K-12 | 15 students
10951 3 Mile Rd
Morley, MI 49336
RemusGrades: PK-6 | 79 students
8944 50th Ave
Remus, MI 49340
As parents, we could not be happier with St. Mary School. Our children are given the individual attention by the teachers and staff that challenge them academically while learning in a safe, family-oriented environment where everyone knows each other by name from all grade levels. Older students truly serve as role models for younger students. Faith and ethics are emphasized and charitable works and service are taught as part of the curriculum. I highly recommend St. Mary to any parent who wants their child to learn in an optimal environment surrounded by children whose families truly care about the education and well being of their children.
- Posted by Parent - casse
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.
May 25, 2017
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.