St. Mary Catholic School
St. Mary School has over one hundred years of tradition educating boys and girls in a faith-based community.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 217 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,700
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
St. Mary Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for:
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Musical Theater
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Musical Theater
- Academic excellence and Catholic identity are at the heart of St. Mary Catholic School. Our curriculum is oriented to create an individualized academic experience for each student.
- Our faculty recognize that not every student has the same academic and emotional needs. Through our inclusive education mindset, we have the resources to support students with gifted capabilities and students with special needs.
- Our curriculum emphasizes the basic skills necessary for each grade based on the State of Illinois and the Diocesan of Rockford standards. The curriculum ensures rigor, a commitment to Catholic education, and a prioritization of skills and standards.
- Reading, English, math, spelling, science, social studies, and foreign language are taught at all grade levels. Our math and reading curriculums provide our students in grades K-8 the opportunity to learn at an accelerated level or receive additional academic assistance. Spanish is integrated into our kindergarten through fifth-grade core curriculums taught three times a week. Our sixth and seventh-grade students are also taught Spanish weekly as a specials class, and our eighth-grade students learn a year of French.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does St. Mary Catholic School cost?
St. Mary Catholic School's tuition is approximately $4,700 for private students.
What sports does St. Mary Catholic School offer?
St. Mary Catholic School offers 6 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field and Volleyball.
What is St. Mary Catholic School's ranking?
St. Mary Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Illinois for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. Mary Catholic School?
The application deadline for St. Mary Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Our decision to have our children at St Mary's (Woodstock IL.) Was the best decision I have ever made. The school is Solid Catholic, Loving and always going the extra mile to serve with wisdom in mind, not to mention excellent academics. We Christians cannot offer to send our children to public schools- where they teach and encourage communism/ Marxist ideas. This school has a support program for those of low income like myself. My two little boys have never been so happy, making new friends and learning prayers, songs and much more.
Every parent wants the BEST for their child. Public vs private education can be a difficult choice in this economy.When my daughter was entering kindergarten I checked out ALL the options. I knew I wanted to start her education strong in order to establish a solid base for her future of learning. I wanted her to be in an environment that she would enjoy learning, get individual attention, be challenged, in a safe environment surrounded by friends and family with good character and strong morales. I am so thrilled to have chosen St Marys in Woodstock. It is everything I hoped for and more! This is not a government institution and is worth every dollar I invested and every sacrifice I have made to make this happen. Everyone involved including staff, families and children are OUTSTANDING!!! I have also enrolled my son in their pre-school program for all the same reasons. Thank you St. Marys!!!
Endorse St. Mary Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.