Immanuel Lutheran School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (815) 459-1444
- Immanuel Lutheran School, as a ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church and in cooperation with congregation and community families, strives to prepare its students for the academic, social and spiritual challenges they will face.
- With support from church and family, we create a Christ-centered environment that encourages children to creatively develop their God-given academic, physical and spiritual gifts as they grow into responsible young Christians.
- Teachers, students and parents work together to learn, grow and to be God's hands and feet here on earth.
- Each child is encouraged and nurtured to develop his or her abilities fully and completely to God's glory.
- Children are loved and cherished as very special gifts from God at Immanuel.
- It is the goal of Immanuel's program to produce confident young Christian role models who reflect the love of Jesus Christ in the families, congregations and communities in which they live and serve.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation|
Illinois Coalition of Nonpublic Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||233 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(uniform shirts and dress style pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Three rates - nonmember, member @ Lutheran church, & member of Immanuel|
|Admissions Director||Becky Arrowood|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Track and Field,|
- State of the art school building opened in September 2009
- On-line student management system allows for parental access and communication
- Half or full day kindergarten options
- Extended-time after school child care program
- Busing available through Crystal Lake District 47
- Optional band instruction starting in grade 4
- Music and fine art opportunities - art, drama, bells and chimes
- Hot lunch program
- Spanish instruction in grades 5 - 8
- Educational over night field trip for students in grade 6, 7, & 8
- Weekly chapel worship
- Technology instruction integrated into curriculum through a dedicated computer lab, computer cart on wheels, wall mounted short-throw projectors and interactive whiteboards
- Interscholastic athletics in grade 5 - 8 - volleyball, basketball, and track
- Advanced math class placement for qualified students
- Library resources and research tools available on on-line
- Tuition assistance available based on family financial need
- After school enrichment programs available
- I-9 (US Department of Immigration) certified
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mchenry Grades: PK-5 | 100 students
2304 Church St
Mchenry, IL 60051
(815) 385-3959 11.7 PK-5
- Woodstock Grades: PK-8 | 219 students
3013 Country Club Rd.
Woodstock, IL 60098
(815) 338-0013 4.6 PK-8
We have been a part of Immanuel Lutheran School for 12 years. This is a place where my children grow academically and spiritually. The teachers sincerely care about my children and do whatever is necessary to help them succeed. When I send them to school each day, I know they are safe, happy and growing in their faith. I have the confidence that the morals and values I teach my children at home are being modeled at school as well. We are grateful to Immanuel and proud of the church and school community.
- Posted by Parent - Momof3
This is our third year at the school, and it has been a wonderful transition. Smaller, family like school with patient teachers. The school has chapel every Wednesday where sometimes the class grade teaches. My kids will come home with "filled bucket" stories where they put scripture to real life situations. I''m glad we choose this school to help in "raising a child the way he should go".
- Posted by Parent - Cooli
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.