Immanuel Lutheran School
Immanuel Lutheran School, as a ministry of Immanuel Lutheran Church and in cooperation with congregation and community families, strives to prepare its students for the academic, social and spiritual challenges they will face.
With support from church and family, we create a Christ-centered environment that encourages children to creatively develop their God-given academic, physical and spiritual gifts as they grow into responsible young Christians.
Teachers, students and parents work together to learn, grow and to be God's hands and feet here on earth.
Each child is encouraged and nurtured to develop his or her abilities fully and completely to God's glory.
Children are loved and cherished as very special gifts from God at Immanuel.
It is the goal of Immanuel's program to produce confident young Christian role models who reflect the love of Jesus Christ in the families, congregations and communities in which they live and serve.
- Top Ranked IL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 252 students
- Yearly Tuition: $6,700
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 34%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
uniform shirts and dress style pants
uniform shirts and dress style pants
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Three rates - nonmember, member @ Lutheran church, & member of Immanuel
- State of the art school building opened in September 2009
- On-line student management system allows for parental access and communication
- Half or full day kindergarten options
- Extended-time after school child care program
- Busing available through Crystal Lake District 47
- Optional band instruction starting in grade 4
- Music and fine art opportunities - art, drama, bells and chimes
- Hot lunch program
- Spanish instruction in grades 5 - 8
- Educational over night field trip for students in grade 6, 7, & 8
- Weekly chapel worship
- Technology instruction integrated into curriculum through a dedicated computer lab, computer cart on wheels, wall mounted short-throw projectors and interactive whiteboards
- Interscholastic athletics in grade 5 - 8 - volleyball, basketball, and track
- Advanced math class placement for qualified students
- Library resources and research tools available on on-line
- Tuition assistance available based on family financial need
- After school enrichment programs available
- I-9 (US Department of Immigration) certified
Source: Verified school update
We've been at Immanuel Lutheran School in Crystal Lake and we love it. The pre-school and pre-k program is phenomenal. We always feel informed and included. Mrs. Fiesman is a wonderful educator who genuinely cares for her students.
We have been a part of Immanuel Lutheran School for 12 years. This is a place where my children grow academically and spiritually. The teachers sincerely care about my children and do whatever is necessary to help them succeed. When I send them to school each day, I know they are safe, happy and growing in their faith. I have the confidence that the morals and values I teach my children at home are being modeled at school as well. We are grateful to Immanuel and proud of the church and school community.
This is our third year at the school, and it has been a wonderful transition. Smaller, family like school with patient teachers. The school has chapel every Wednesday where sometimes the class grade teaches. My kids will come home with "filled bucket" stories where they put scripture to real life situations. I''m glad we choose this school to help in "raising a child the way he should go".
Endorse Immanuel Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.