St Mary School
Tel: (217) 235-0431
- The small teacher-student ratio allows each child to receive the one-on-one instruction necessary to progress more quickly, to reinforce concepts, and to achieve mastery.
- At St. Mary School every child is important and every child is taught at their academic level and taken as far as possible during each academic year.
- We strive to teach the academic skills while incorporating our faith and values into each day's lessons.
- Children learn to "do what Jesus would do" as they practice taking turns, sharing, treating others with respect, praying for those in need, and working to meet the needs of others.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Preschool varies depending upon number of days and whether 1/2 day or full day.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kristen Watson|
- St. Mary School is working to develop flexible programs to meet the needs of today's busy families. Before and After School Programs as well as full and half day preschool programs available.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mattoon Grades: PK-8 | 227 students
Mattoon, IL 61938
(217) 234-4911 1.3 PK-8
- Gays Grades: K-10 | 19 students
717 Front St
Gays, IL 61928
(217) 752-6672 6.5 K-10
- Charleston Grades: 1-12 | 19 students
7704 Deerpath Rd
Charleston, IL 61920
(217) 512-2311 7 1-12
- Humboldt Grades: 1-8 | 19 students
3320 Hickory Ln
Humboldt, IL 61931
(217) 856-3624 9.6 1-8
- Arthur Grades: 1-8 | 37 students
149 E County Road 100 N
Arthur, IL 61911
(217) 543-3841 13 1-8
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.