St. Matthew School
St. Matthew School is a living faith community founded on Christian principles by which we form the total person in Christ.
Complementing the family, our school provides an environment in which the child can grow spiritually, emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually.
St. Matthew School strives to make learning relevant and prepare children to find Christ in our changing world.
- Top Ranked IA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-5
- Students: 534 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 16%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- St. Matthew School is a living faith community founded on Christian principles by which we form the total person in Christ.
- Complementing the family, our school provides an environment in which the child can grow spiritually, emotionally, physically, socially, and intellectually.
- St. Matthew School strives to make learning relevant and prepare children to find Christ in our changing world.
Profile last updated: 02/16/2021
Our family loves St. Matthew School. We have found it to be a friendly, welcoming community where every child is important, valued and cared for. The teachers and staff are a living example of faith, respect and kindness. There is a strong commitment to the academic success of each child while still making it a fun-filled environment for learning and community building.
Endorse St. Matthew School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?