St. Paul Lutheran School
Our Mission at St. Paul Lutheran School is to "Personalize a Christ Centered Education that Develops the Whole Child".
We believe each of God's children should be offered a safe and nurturing environment in which to develop a personal relationshiop with Christ.
With Christ as the center of our school, the students are able to strive for academic excellence and build lasting, loving relationships with God and others.
- Top Ranked KS School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 121 students
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Financial help is available on needs basis
- Personalizing a Christ-Centered Education that Develops the Whole Child.
- Our Staff: St. Paul Lutheran School has a talented, Christ-minded staff that works together to provide the best education for the students. Through fellowship with one another, the teachers have created a family like atmosphere that includes the students and their families. Constant efforts are made to be sure that the staff at St. Paul is aware of new educational methodologies and that they are evaluated before implementation.
- Our Curriculum: The curriculum at St. Paul follows the scope & sequence of Kansas State Standards, necessary for State accreditation. Integrating the Faith, a guide to help teachers present material from a Christ centered world view, is also used. Materials are selected from secular publishers based on solid review of educational principals. Science and Religion materials are published by Concordia Publishing House and Maple Leaf Publishing, both Lutheran affiliated sources.
- Our Dress Code: St. Paul School requires that all pupils wear clothing that is a reflection of their Christian training and does not disrupt or distract from the educational process. Neat, clean and modest in appearance is our school standard. Each student in grades Kindergarten through 8 will wear a polo style uniform shirt; each pre-school student will wear a uniform tee-shirt. St. Paul School will provide for each new or returning student up to two of the required uniform shirts.
I teach PE at St. Paul. Two of my grandchildren attend and they get one-on-one lessons when needed the staff is very caring and shares their love of Jesus with my grandchildren!
A great school with amazing teachers. Each child is given extra attention and care. My children are truly blessed and growing deeper in their faith. I am so happy at Saint Paul.
As a mom of four boys, I know every child's personality and needs are as unique as the individual. Our youngest likes to be busy, and we decided to look into preschool options to give him a creative outlet. St. Paul absolutely blew us away! Not only is it one of the most affordable preschool options in Leavenworth, but it is a school that truly cares. From answering our thousands of questions before enrollment to walking us through each step to checking in on us along the way- the staff goes above and beyond to care for students and their families. As a family, we have had the opportunity to compare our experiences between both St. Paul and the public school district. While we do love USD 453, the contrast was sharp during the 20/21 school year. If I had to sum it up, I would say it comes down to valuing and honoring the family unit as a whole. By the end of the year, the district began to make hushed-up decisions that affected everyone, then gas-lit those who had questions. These included COVID and non-COVID-related issues. One example is that kindergartners will be on a completely different schedule from grades 1-12 beginning in the 21/22 school year. I won't expound on my frustrations with this here, but I will say that this solidified our decision to not only continue at St. Paul for the 3-year-olds class, but for the next few years through kindergarten as well. We feel confident that St. Paul will continue to provide outstanding communication and stability. This school is a mission, and they have shown this time and again. The 2.5 and 3-year-old classes allow families to choose how many and which days they attend, so you can opt for a weekly mom-break or a more full-time structure. Our son attended five days a week, and he absolutely thrived! He loved going to school every day. He developed the sweetest bond with his teachers and classmates. By the end of the year, I was floored by the progress he made verbally, academically, and socially. St. Paul has been a God-send to our family, and we cannot wait to see what big things will come in the next few years!
My son has attended St. Paul`s for the past three years. He started in the 3-year-old preschool class and will be entering the first grade in the fall. We have been very pleased with the caring environment, personalized attention, high educational standards, and overall atmosphere of this school. The class sizes remain at 12 students, and the school has practiced maintainable safety standards during the pandemic. I love the community and mission involvement the school fosters in its students. The diverse student population and caring staff have made St Paul`s the best choice for our family.
We have four students enrolled at Saint Paul Lutheran for the 2021-2022 school year. Our seventh grader, Ivy, has truly blossomed there. She is thrilled to be able to return for a second year. Her year at Saint Paul was such a life-changing time for her that enrolling her three siblings just makes sense. Ivy went from being extremely anxious to relaxed and excited about school. We are fully confident that Saint Paul is equipped and ready for all of our children, including our spunky visually impaired, special needs Kindergartener. The teachers and staff are personally invested in each child at Saint Paul. They genuinely care about the children`s academic, emotional, and spiritual development. The financial cost cannot be compared to the eternal rewards! We are truly honored to have Saint Paul Lutheran educate our precious children.
It is a nice school and I am currently still attending and I am in the 7th grade.It is an amazing school as a student I say you should enroll your child here
All of my children are attending, or have attended, St. Paul. My oldest is in high school now, but I still have a 5th and 7th grader at St. Paul. We love it. It's truly a wonderful place to be. The academics are outstanding - the low student-teacher ratio allows for a much more individualized approach to education. While academics are important, so is a character. Faculty and staff work daily to build and reinforce a solid foundation of Christian character in every child. As a former military family (retired), we appreciate the fact that St. Paul teaches and requires respectful behavior and good manners. Success is measured by so much more than just grades.
WONDERFUL SCHOOL! My son has learned so much from just attending preschool here. He will continue to grow in his education and spiritually! Thank you St Paul!
Endorse St. Paul Lutheran School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Identifying Your School's Brand
Creating a brand identity for your school is an essential part of your marketing strategy. We walk you through the process.
7 Reasons Why Private School May Be The Right Choice
Private schools come in a wide variety of educational approaches. We show you how to refine your school search.
June 01, 2021What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.