Xavier Catholic School
- Xavier Catholic School consists of two campuses within five minutes drive from each other.
- Xavier Catholic Preschool and Extended Care; Xavier Catholic School - Kindergarten through Eighth Grade.
- Children attend Xavier from Leavenworth, Lansing, Ft. Leavenworth (including children of International Officers posted at Ft. Leavenworth), and surrounding communities including Platte City, Kansas City, Basehor, and Bonner Springs.
- The enrollment at Xavier Catholic School is approximately 140 students, and enrollment at Xavier Catholic Preschool is approximately 105 students.
- The curriculum is designed to lead students to a positive self-image, integration of faith and life, service to others, and the development of basic and special skills in a Catholic atmosphere.
- Catholic education is a vocation for our teachers and administrators.
- The Leavenworth Special Education Cooperative, which serves all schools in Leavenworth County, assists students with learning disabilities and administers the gifted programs.
- The National School Lunch Program is available for Grades K-8.
- School uniforms are required in Grades K-8. Before and after school care is available for both preschool and K-8 students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||255 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||For current tuition, visit http://http://leavenworthcatholicschools.org/admissions/tuition-planning|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Forge|
|Admissions Associate||Traci Baker|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Football, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Football,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Green Team, Knowledge Bowl, STUCO
Arts and Music Programs:
- XAVIER CATHOLIC PRESCHOOL and XAVIER CATHOLIC SCHOOL (K-8th grade)
- Xavier Catholic Preschool at 1409 2nd Ave. in Leavenworth has a strong academic curriculum consisting of six learning centers: Language & Reading Readiness, Math Readiness, Housekeeping, Manipulatives, Library/Listening, and Art. Classrooms are set up so each child will have several positive and successful experiences each day. The letters A-Z, the numbers 1-10, shapes, colors, scissors and printing skills are an integral part of our program. "Living our Gospel values" is integrated into our Christ-centered curriculum.
- Xavier Catholic School K-8th at 541 Muncie in Leavenworth has a first-rate academic program. Our Christ-centered curriculum is built by the standards set by the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas. Our challenging curriculum includes Spanish and Technology classes for kindergarten through eighth grade, as well as several extracurricular programs that enhance the educational experience for all our students. Students are given the opportunity to be involved in planning and maintaining a school garden, display leadership skills through Student Council positions, digital photography, yearbook, band, choir and Knowledge Bowl. Xavier integrates a Multi-Tiered System of Support (MTSS) at all grade levels for individual student growth and success. Xavier has an 18:1 student-teacher ratio. Teachers have high expectations and disruptions are handled in a timely and age-appropriate manner. Xavier maintains a School Wide Positive Behavior System of Support (SWPBSS); Xavier Raiders Have HEART! Technology includes local area networks, wireless internet access in every room and staff dedicated to the integration of technology in all academic areas. Our library has a web-based catalog program. Our fifth through eighth-grade students are 1:1 with laptops, we have a computer lab and mobile iPad labs. There are Smart Boards in every classroom. Our progressive technology curriculum emphasizes technology as a tool for learning and communicating. Students are learning 21st Century skills that are needed for success in the future. Our study skills instruction and emphasis in 6th through 8th grade ensures high school and career readiness. Xavier Catholic School is fully accredited by the Kansas State Department of Education and AdvancED. Continuous improvement is a cornerstone of our school. Xavier is a member of the National Catholic Education Association and the Military Child Coalition. National Catholic Education Association provides our Assessment of Catechism for Religious Education (ACRE): This is a standardized test for our fifth and eighth grade students covering religious education. The students are tested over the Four Pillars of the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mission Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
4901 Reinhardt Drive
Mission, KS 66205
(913) 789-9443 25.1 1-12
- Tonganoxie Grades: PK-8 | 107 students
Tonganoxie, KS 66086
(913) 845-9498 17.7 PK-8