5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (913) 557-4000
- Lakemary Center, like most great accomplishments, was the product of the determined efforts of a few good people.
- In 1969, the Ursuline Sisters of Paola, came together with parents, community members and friends to create a safe, nurturing environment for children with developmental disabilities.
- Today Lakemary is a well established agency with a national reputation for quality whose services touch the lives of over 500 individuals with developmental disabilities each year.
- Ninety students currently receive primary and secondary education at Lakemary's school, with 64 of the children residing on campus year-round.
- An additional 200 children receive services through the infant toddler and supported family living programs, and through service coordination.
- Our adult program serves 120 individuals in residential settings throughout Johnson and Miami counties and 140 in vocational programming.
- From the beginning, individuals and families of those we serve can be assured a quality experience.
- All individuals are provided health maintenance supported by a professional nursing staff, in order to coordinate their medical needs.
- This wellness concept is critical to developing a self-sufficient attitude and is emphasized through nutrition and exercise programs as well as many opportunities for recreational, leisure and spiritual activities.
- Lakemary's commitment to those we serve is strong and enduring.
- It is our goal to remain a constant partner as individual needs evolve over time and to help all of those we serve achieve the lifestyle they desire.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Lisa Wilson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Mission Grades: 1-12 | 97 students
4901 Reinhardt Drive
Mission, KS 66205
(913) 789-9443 35 1-12
- Kansas City Grades: 9-12 | 290 students
708 N 18th St
Kansas City, KS 66102
(913) 371-1201 39.3 9-12
- Leavenworth Grades: PK-8 | 255 students
541 Muncie Rd
Leavenworth, KS 66048
(913) 682-3135 52.1 PK-8
- Leawood Grades: K-12 | 208 students
5801 W 115th Street
Leawood, KS 66211
(913) 327-8150 26.9 K-12
My son has been a resident and a student at Lake Mary for over a year now. We have been very happy with the services he receives. We know he is happy and safe.
- Posted by Parent - Kimberly
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?