St. Philip The Apostle School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 243 students
- Acceptance rate: 95%
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
Uniforms: Boys: black pants, red polo shirts. Girls - (K-3) MacBeth plaid jumper or shift, or black pants; white polo shirt or white blouse. Girls (4-8): MacBeth plaid skirt or skort or black pants; white or red polo or white blouse, red pullover vest.
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Altar Servers, Ambassadors, Enrichment Programs, Leadership Group, STEM Classes, Virtue Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Art Shows, Band Program, Choir, Christmas Program, Drama Production
- Little Spartans Preschool Program
- A center-based program, we offer a wide variety of hands-on activities so that learning is encouraged within an atmosphere of exploration and discovery.With parents as partners, we strive to help make the child's first educational experience a positive and joyful one where children grow in their awareness of self, and in their relationship with God and others.
- Grade School Program
- We prepare your child for success in junior high, high school and beyond! Our students consistently score above the national and local norms on standardized tests. In addition, when our 8th graders enter high school, many are placed in higher level academic classes.
- Our curriculum is aligned with the Illinois State and Diocese of Joliet Standards. Reading, English, math, science, social studies, and religion are taught daily. Music, art, Spanish and band are also included in the total program.
- Learning Center
- Kindergarten through fourth students are helped to build strong foundations in reading, phonics, math, English, science and social studies through the support of a learning resource teacher and a team of volunteer parents (and grandparents). Each week, students use the learning center to work with computers, hands-on learning materials and other resources.
- Recognizing the necessity to build strong basic reading skills, various teaching strategies are used to enhance the reading program and to encourage all students to reach their fullest potential. There is also a large focus on Math concepts and skills. The program has a tie-in with each grade's curriculum enhanced by themes throughout the year; Greek Mythology, STEM, March Madness, Poetry and Young Authors.
- Library, Resource Center and Technology Lab
- Students have access to a modern school library and resource center, in additional to a technology lab. Our computer lab is equipped with internet access, offering the students a wide array of research opportunities. In addition, mobile computer labs featuring our Chromebook wireless devices are also used by students. A full-time Technology Coordinator helps students work with teacher implemented technology-integrated projects, stemming from each classes curriculum requirements. This valuable resource is made available for all students kindergarten through grade 8.
- Faith Formation
- Our Catholic faith is infused throughout the curriculum, helping our students develop Christ-like attitudes in their daily lives.Faith values are modeled, and students are guided through daily instruction to understand their Catholic faith. In addition, liturgical celebrations and daily prayer are meaningful experiences for the children. Weekly liturgies are celebrated and service opportunities are provided. Sacramental preparation is at the heart of the second and eighth grade religion programs, and parish priests are available to offer guidance and support. The entire parish of St. Philip the Apostle is committed to the Catholic formation of it's children.
- Physical Fitness and Health
- Our physical education teacher provides a curriculum which focuses on good health, nutrition, exercise, fitness awareness, and physical development.
- Fine Arts
- Part-time music and band instructors provide students with an opportunity to participate in the school band and various musical programs throughout the year. Students have the opportunity to participate in a musical theater production each year. Students also develop an awareness and appreciation for visual arts through art classes.
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- There are many opportunities for extra-curricular activities at St. Philip's School.
- Athletic Program
- The goal of the athletic program is to provide sports activities where physical education and athletics work hand in hand to encourage skill building, and to foster a sense of team spirit, fair play. and good sportsmanship.
- Beginning in grade 5, students have the opportunity to participate and compete in volleyball and basketball through various leagues
- Service Programs and Projects
- In addition, students may participate in service outreach programs and are also invited to become altar servers, and to share in the ministry of music as choir members. Activities such as these generate school spirit, provide for greater student involvement, and help to enrich the holistic school curriculum.
- Other After-School Programs
- Other after-school activities are offered periodically throughout the year, such as Drama Club, and various enrichment programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Philip The Apostle School?
The acceptance rate of St. Philip The Apostle School is 95%, which is higher than the national average of 91%.
What sports does St. Philip The Apostle School offer?
St. Philip The Apostle School offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Volleyball.
When is the application deadline for St. Philip The Apostle School?
The application deadline for St. Philip The Apostle School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Philip The Apostle School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards