St. Rose Of Lima School
5.00 (5 reviews)
- St. Rose Pre-K through 8 Roman Catholic School educates children by providing a foundation for individual academic excellence in a faith-based community that is committed to fostering personal spiritual growth, physical development,responsibility, and service to others.
- St. Rose of Lima School is a top performing, award winning Roman Catholic School.
- From preschool to eighth grade, we have an exemplary curriculum enveloped by a strong faith and service-based environment that educates the whole child.
- St. Rose of Lima School inspires every student to reach their fullest potential and the opportunity to excel in their intellectual and spiritual growth.
- We emphasize service to others and create a total learning environment with exceptional results.
- St. Rose of Lima School is the only elementary school in Newtown to be nominated (2008 and 2009) and to have received the National Blue Ribbon Award (2009).
- St. Rose of Lima School ranks nationally in the top 10% of all schools academically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Teachers K-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2009|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,559|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit school website for tuition, uniform and registration information. Preschool rates fluctuate by by program selected. www.stroseschool.com|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Karen Cappola|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||18 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care Program, After School Theater Program, Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Dodgeball, French Club, Homework/Tutoring Club, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mindful Movement, Mock Trial, Model U.N. Club, National Junior Honor Society, Rocket Club, Scout Programs, Student Council, Yearbook Club Art Club, Chess Club, Cooking Club, Dodgeball, French Club, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Rocket Club, Scout Programs, Yearbook Club, After School Care Program,|
After School Theater Program,
Model U.N. Club,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Our Mission: St. Rose of Lima Catholic School provides children in presechool through eighth grade a foundation for individual academic excellence in a faith-based community. We educate the whole child, fostering in each student personal spiritual growth, responsibility and Christ's message of service to others.St. Rose of Lima School is a top performing, award winning Roman Catholic School. From preschool to eighth grade, we have an exemplary curriculum enveloped by a strong faith and service-based environment that educates the whole child. St. Rose of Lima School inspires every student to reach their fullest potential and the opportunity to excel in their intellectual and spiritual growth. We emphasize service to others and create a total learning environment with exceptional results.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BethelGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
24 Dodgingtown Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
- WashingtonGrades: K-9 | 322 students
201 Romford Rd
Washington, CT 06794
- New HavenGrades: 7-12 | 710 students
986 Forest Road
New Haven, CT 06515
- EastonGrades: PK-12 | 222 students
660 Morehouse Road
Easton, CT 06612
- WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
386 Robinwood Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
I registered my son at St. Rose School with hesitation--a faith-based education was never something I considered. Yet, the small community, warm welcome, as well as the great reputation made me move forward--and I haven't turned back. We now have our two children attending the school, and are very involved with the community on a regular basis, because we choose to, and have so many opportunities to do so. My top three reasons for continuing my children's education here is for one, communication--the doors are always open. The administration and staff are always willing and able to sit and discuss any concerns I have. As a parent, it is my responsibility to voice my concerns and opinions, and I have always been able to do that, respectably. Second, academics, and my children's individual needs are not ever in question. As my son moves up in grades, the responsibilities and expectations are greater and challenging--and I have no words to express how he's blossomed this year with a teacher who has made him believe in himself and his abilities. Third, the faith-based education is more then I thought it would be for my kids, as well as for myself, as a parent. They amaze me with the stories, the choosing of right or wrong because "that's what God would do" attitude, as well as the true understanding of their faith and how to use it every day. Communication. Academics. Faith. It's why I stay.
- Posted by Parent - agrif
Our daughter recently entered St. Rose School after attending several years at our local public elementary school. I can honestly tell you that the transition has been very smooth and that we are all extremely happy. We are particularly thrilled with the greater intimacy a smaller more familial setting provides. The teachers and administration have been stellar . In this setting our daughter is comfortable with being herself while at the same time receiving an excellent education. She's happy and we''re ecstatic.
- Posted by Parent - valer
My two children have attended St. Rose School since kindergarten (grades 8 and 5). St. Rose as been terrific. My children have different personalities and learn styles. Both have thrived at St Rose. The principal is an exceptional leader and the teachers are top notch. The principal and teachers work in concert to ensure individual student achievement. St. Rose sets high standards that have helped my children develop into outstanding learners, friends and community members.
- Posted by Parent - pharr
We moved our kids to St. Rose from local public schools that also have great reputation. We are absolutely thrilled with the academics at SRS. The teachers are some of the best we have ever seen. The faith based education they are receiving has been incredible. Teaching these children to be strong citizens who treat others with kindness and respect. The leaders (principal, teachers, clergy) are the hardest working people I know. Can not say enough GOOD things about this amazing school. Best decision we ever made was moving our kids to this incredible school.
- Posted by Parent - kmull
By far, the best choice in Newtown. The school community is strong, the atmosphere is welcoming and nurturing. The outstanding teaching staff is lead by the strongest principal in the diocese and the town. I have 3 children at St. Rose and feel blessed to be a part of the family there. So much misconception about teacher qualification requirements in Catholic schools - the teachers are stellar! The PreK is the best the town has to offer. High expectations, but the support in place to get our children there. Academically beyond any of the public schools in the district - students graduating from St. Rose are consistently the highest achievers at the High School level. Wisdom, grace and integrity - priceless.
- Posted by Parent - tracy
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.