- St. Rose Pre-K through 8 Roman Catholic School educates children by providing a foundation for individual academic excellence in a faith-based community that is committed to fostering personal spiritual growth, physical development,responsibility, and service to others.
- St. Rose of Lima School is a top performing, award winning Roman Catholic School.
- From preschool to eighth grade, we have an exemplary curriculum enveloped by a strong faith and service-based environment that educates the whole child.
- St. Rose of Lima School inspires every student to reach their fullest potential and the opportunity to excel in their intellectual and spiritual growth.
- We emphasize service to others and create a total learning environment with exceptional results.
- St. Rose of Lima School is the only elementary school in Newtown to be nominated (2008 and 2009) and to have received the National Blue Ribbon Award (2009).
- St. Rose of Lima School ranks nationally in the top 10% of all schools academically.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Resource Teachers K-8|
|Total Students||436 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 30 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please visit school website for tuition, uniform and registration information www.stroseschool.com|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Theresa Tortora|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Flag Football, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care Program, After School Theater Program, Art Club, Cooking Club, French Club, Homework/Tutoring Club, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Model U.N. Club, National Junior Honor Society, Origami Club, Piano, Robotics Club, Scout Programs, Student Council, Yearbook Club Art Club, Cooking Club, French Club, Mandarin Club, Math Club, Mock Trial, Origami Club, Piano, Robotics Club, Scout Programs, Yearbook Club, After School Care Program,
After School Theater Program,
Model U.N. Club,
National Junior Honor Society,
- Our Mission: St. Rose of Lima Catholic School provides children in presechool through eighth grade a foundation for individual academic excellence in a faith-based community. We educate the whole child, fostering in each student personal spiritual growth, responsibility and Christ's message of service to others. St. Rose of Lima School is a top performing, award winning Roman Catholic School. From preschool to eighth grade, we have an exemplary curriculum enveloped by a strong faith and service-based environment that educates the whole child. St. Rose of Lima School inspires every student to reach their fullest potential and the opportunity to excel in their intellectual and spiritual growth. We emphasize service to others and create a total learning environment with exceptional results.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BethelGrades: PK-8 | 216 students
24 Dodgingtown Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
WatertownGrades: PK-8 | 199 students
760 Main St
Watertown, CT 06795
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
MiddleburyGrades: 9-12 | 210 students
1237 Whittemore Road
Middlebury, CT 06762
BrookfieldGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
5 Obtuse Hill Rd
Brookfield, CT 06804
I registered my son at St. Rose School with hesitation--a faith-based education was never something I considered. Yet, the small community, warm welcome, as well as the great reputation made me move forward--and I haven't turned back. We now have our two children attending the school, and are very involved with the community on a regular basis, because we choose to, and have so many opportunities to do so. My top three reasons for continuing my children's education here is for one, communication--the doors are always open. The administration and staff are always willing and able to sit and discuss any concerns I have. As a parent, it is my responsibility to voice my concerns and opinions, and I have always been able to do that, respectably. Second, academics, and my children's individual needs are not ever in question. As my son moves up in grades, the responsibilities and expectations are greater and challenging--and I have no words to express how he's blossomed this year with a teacher who has made him believe in himself and his abilities. Third, the faith-based education is more then I thought it would be for my kids, as well as for myself, as a parent. They amaze me with the stories, the choosing of right or wrong because "that's what God would do" attitude, as well as the true understanding of their faith and how to use it every day. Communication. Academics. Faith. It's why I stay.
- Posted by Parent - agrif
Our daughter recently entered St. Rose School after attending several years at our local public elementary school. I can honestly tell you that the transition has been very smooth and that we are all extremely happy. We are particularly thrilled with the greater intimacy a smaller more familial setting provides. The teachers and administration have been stellar . In this setting our daughter is comfortable with being herself while at the same time receiving an excellent education. She's happy and we''re ecstatic.
- Posted by Parent - valer
My two children have attended St. Rose School since kindergarten (grades 8 and 5). St. Rose as been terrific. My children have different personalities and learn styles. Both have thrived at St Rose. The principal is an exceptional leader and the teachers are top notch. The principal and teachers work in concert to ensure individual student achievement. St. Rose sets high standards that have helped my children develop into outstanding learners, friends and community members.
- Posted by Parent - pharr
We moved our kids to St. Rose from local public schools that also have great reputation. We are absolutely thrilled with the academics at SRS. The teachers are some of the best we have ever seen. The faith based education they are receiving has been incredible. Teaching these children to be strong citizens who treat others with kindness and respect. The leaders (principal, teachers, clergy) are the hardest working people I know. Can not say enough GOOD things about this amazing school. Best decision we ever made was moving our kids to this incredible school.
- Posted by Parent - kmull
By far, the best choice in Newtown. The school community is strong, the atmosphere is welcoming and nurturing. The outstanding teaching staff is lead by the strongest principal in the diocese and the town. I have 3 children at St. Rose and feel blessed to be a part of the family there. So much misconception about teacher qualification requirements in Catholic schools - the teachers are stellar! The PreK is the best the town has to offer. High expectations, but the support in place to get our children there. Academically beyond any of the public schools in the district - students graduating from St. Rose are consistently the highest achievers at the High School level. Wisdom, grace and integrity - priceless.
- Posted by Parent - tracy
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.