- St. Thomas School is a co-educational day school which serves students in grades Pre-K through eight from Southington and its surrounding towns.
- The St. Thomas community includes priests, school board, administration, faculty, staff, students, parents, and volunteers.
- St. Thomas is able to provide a number of unique opportunities for the development of the total child due to the quality of its facilities.
- The St. Thomas community is committed to helping its students develop the competencies and values required for active participation in a Christian way of life.
- St. Thomas is dedicated to developing the child spiritually, academically, socially, and emotionally.
- St. Thomas School communicates the gospel message to love and to serve as well as to teach the basic precepts of the church.
- Through prayer, example, community involvement, and the sacraments, each student is guided toward a personal relationship with Christ, recognizing Him as the center of our school community.
- The mission of St. Thomas School is to provide an instructional program which gives all students an opportunity to achieve their maximum potential by recognizing individual differences in students, while reinforcing each student's positive self-image.
- St. Thomas School strives to develop the social and emotional potential of each student by imparting to each child the self-worth and dignity of every member of God's family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WatertownGrades: 9-12 | 594 students
110 Woodbury Road
Watertown, CT 06795
LitchfieldGrades: NS-6 | 76 students
5 Knife Shop Road
Litchfield, CT 06778
WaterburyGrades: 3-12 | 32 students
2200 Thomaston Ave
Waterbury, CT 06704
WatertownGrades: PK-8 | 199 students
760 Main St
Watertown, CT 06795
OakvilleGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
140 Buckingham St
Oakville, CT 06779
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.