St. Mary Magdalen School
Our annual Pink Out event raises thousands of dollars for Breast Cancer Awareness. Students, faculty, families and friends come together to pray for all those affected by breast cancer, raise awareness and donate to a local hospital that runs a breast cancer screening fund.
St. Mary Magdalen sprawls across 5 acres of land. We have a large back field that is used for outdoor activities and events.
St. Mary Magdalen students assemble and deliver fruit baskets to families and friends that are homebound during the Thanksgiving season.
- St. Mary Magdalen School is a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Hartford consisting grades Pre-K through eight.
- It is situated in a suburb of Waterbury in the Oakville section of Watertown.
- St. Mary Magdalen School shares in the aim and purpose of Catholic Education by concentrating on the total development of each student.
- We prepare our students to be responsible Christian citizens who can make sound, moral choices and think criticallly to meet the callenges of today's rapidly changing society and those they will face in the future.
- At St. Mary Magdalen School, we value the human life that Jesus affirmed, thus our stress on Respect -- respect of self and others, and our stress on Self-discipline.
- Committed educators guide our students through the day with lessons in faith development, math, language arts, social studies, science, foreign language, music, art, and physical education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||275 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||23:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,625|
|Tuition Notes||K-8 Catholic Parishioner $4,625, other $5,120 Second Child $4,475, other $4,970 Each additional child after 2 $4,450, other $4,930 Pre-K varies on schedule selected by families. Various payment options offered. Financial Aid offered through FACTS pr|
|Admissions Director||Deborah D. Mulhall, School Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Karyn Johnson, Advancement Dir|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Caring Cougars - Community Outreach, Green Team - environmental awareness, Lego Club, STEM Program, Student Council, Technology and Coding Club (SWAT)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Little Runner's Club, Winter Indoor youth socce
- Through the integration of traditional and modern teaching methods, St. Mary Magdalen students are inspired and guided spiritually, academically, socially, physically, and artistically.
- Incorporating Christian values and academics, St. Mary Magdalen School strives to develop well-educated, socially responsible citizens who contribute to the world using their God-given gifts and talents.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 323 students
55 Cole St
Waterbury, CT 06706
- WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
386 Robinwood Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
- WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 275 students
645 Congress Ave
Waterbury, CT 06708
January 17, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.