St. Mary Magdalen School
St. Mary Magdalen School Photo #2 - Our annual Pink Out event raises thousands of dollars for Breast Cancer Awareness. Students, faculty, families and friends come together to pray for all those affected by breast cancer, raise awareness and donate to a local hospital that runs a breast cancer screening fund.
St. Mary Magdalen School Photo #3 - St. Mary Magdalen sprawls across 5 acres of land. We have a large back field that is used for outdoor activities and events.
St. Mary Magdalen School Photo #4 - Students in grades 6th-8th have individual Chrome Books to use throughout the school year.
St. Mary Magdalen School Photo #5 - St. Mary Magdalen students assemble and deliver fruit baskets to families and friends that are homebound during the Thanksgiving season.
- St. Mary Magdalen School is a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Hartford consisting of grades Pre-K through eight.
- It is situated in a suburb of Waterbury in the Oakville section of Watertown.
- At St. Mary Magdalen School we empower our students to thruogh a curriculum of active learning, collaboration, creativity and active learnig.
- The success of our graduates at the high school and college levels demonstrates the fulfillment of our goal which is supported by dedicated faculty partnering with engaged parents to set high expectations for academic achievements as well as moral behavior.
- St. Mary Magdalen School shares in the aim and purpose of Catholic Education by concentrating on the total development of each student.
- We prepare our students to be responsible Christian citizens who can make sound, moral choices and think criticallly to meet the callenges of today's rapidly changing society and those they will face in the future.
- Our faculty provide a vibrant, innovative curriculum, that incorprates technolgy through all grades, delivering the essential skills required to navigate through our ever-changing society.
- Committed educators guide our students through the day with lessons in faith development, math, language arts, social studies, science, foreign language, music, art, and physical education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||238 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||20:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants and green polo for boys, plaid jumper and white oxford shirt for girls.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,625|
|Tuition Notes||K-8 Catholic Parishioner $4,950, other $5,200 Second Child $4,750 other $5,075 Every child after second $4,720 other $5,000 Each additional child after 2 $4,450, other $4,930 Pre-K varies on schedule selected by families. Various payment options offered. Financial Aid offered through FACTS pr|
|Admissions Director||Deborah D. Mulhall, School Principal|
|Admissions Associate||Karyn Johnson, Advancement Dir|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Caring Cougars - Community Outreach, Green Team - environmental awareness, Lego Club, STEM Program, Student Council, Technology and Coding Club (SWAT)
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Little Runner's Club, Winter Indoor youth soccer
- Through the integration of traditional and modern teaching methods, St. Mary Magdalen students are inspired and guided spiritually, academically, socially, physically, and artistically.
- Incorporating Christian values and academics, St. Mary Magdalen School strives to develop well-educated, socially responsible citizens who contribute to the world using their God-given gifts and talents.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waterbury Grades: NS-8 | 245 students
55 Cole St
Waterbury, CT 06706
(203)753-2574 3.5 NS-8
- Waterbury Grades: PK-8 | 275 students
645 Congress Ave
Waterbury, CT 06708
(203)755-6809 4.1 PK-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?