- Starkville Academy is an independent, college preparatory school educating students in pre-kindergarten thru grade twelve. Starkville Academy offers balanced, affordable, high-quality education in a Christian environment that meets the needs of students and parents alike.
- Academic excellence is integrated with a passion to develop a strong foundation for young leaders who uniquely shape the world in which we live.
- The mission of Starkville Academy is to provide quality educational programs in a safe, Christian environment that will challenge students to excel academically, physically, socially, spiritually and culturally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP English 11, AP Government, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, Dual Credit Calculus, Dual Credit College Algebra, Dual Credit College Trigonometry, Dual Credit English 12 (Comp I and II), Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish III|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||o Prekindergarten: $5,845 o Kindergarten: $5,965 o Grades 1-6: $6,085 o Grades 7-12: $6,185 (These amounts include book and building fees)|
|Admissions Director||Mrs Lynn Moorehead|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Club, Anchor Club, Chess Club, Crown Club, Duke Tip Program, Extreme Engineering Club (Gr. 3-6), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), MAIS and National Spelling Bee, MAIS Reading Fair, National Honor Society, Odyssey of the Mind, Quiz Bowl Teams, Science National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, High School Band, High School Choir, International Thespian Society, North Mississippi High School Drama Fest
- Approximately 97% of Starkville Academy students attend post-secondary schools
- Students consistently score above the state and national average on the ACT.
- Starkville Academy offers numerous courses to provide every student the opportunity to meet the requirements of admission to a major college or university.
- Starkville Academy offers a Dyslexia Therapy Program for lower grades
- Starkville Academy offers a gifted program for students in grades 3 - 6.
- Starkville Academy offers a full array of sports opportunities for students.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- StarkvilleGrades: PK-12 | 223 students
303 Lynn Lane
Starkville, MS 39759
- PhebaGrades: PK-12 | 166 students
6230 Henryville Rd
Pheba, MS 39755
- CrawfordGrades: PK-3 | 18 students
Po Box 184
Crawford, MS 39743
- LouisvilleGrades: K-12 | 123 students
173 Mcleod Rd
Louisville, MS 39339
- ColumbusGrades: PK-K | 20 students
1016 9th Street S
Columbus, MS 39701