- Starkville Academy is an independent, college preparatory school educating students in pre-kindergarten thru grade twelve. Starkville Academy offers balanced, affordable, high-quality education in a Christian environment that meets the needs of students and parents alike.
- Academic excellence is integrated with a passion to develop a strong foundation for young leaders who uniquely shape the world in which we live.
- The mission of Starkville Academy is to provide quality educational programs in a safe, Christian environment that will challenge students to excel academically, physically, socially, spiritually and culturally.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia|
|Total Students||611 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||69 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP English 11, AP Government, AP Studio Art, AP United States History, Dual Credit Calculus, Dual Credit College Algebra, Dual Credit College Trigonometry, Dual Credit English 12 (Comp I and II), Honors Algebra I, Honors Algebra II, Honors Chemistry, Honors English 10, Honors English 9, Honors Geometry, Honors Spanish III|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||o Prekindergarten: $6,132 o Kindergarten: $6,324 o Grades 1-6: $6,456 o Grades 7-12: $6,552 (These amounts include book and building fees)|
|Admissions Director||Mrs Lynn Moorehead|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldArchery, Baseball,|
Cross Country, Dance,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H Club, Anchor Club, Chess Club, Crown Club, Duke Tip Program, Extreme Engineering Club (Gr. 3-6), Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA), MAIS and National Spelling Bee, MAIS Reading Fair, National Honor Society, Quiz Bowl Teams, Science National Honor Society, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Elementary Band, Elementary Choir, High School Band, High School Choir, International Thespian Society, North Mississippi High School Drama Fest
- Approximately 97% of Starkville Academy students attend post-secondary schools
- Students consistently score above the state and national average on the ACT.
- Starkville Academy offers numerous courses to provide every student the opportunity to meet the requirements of admission to a major college or university.
- Starkville Academy offers a Dyslexia Therapy Program for lower grades
- Starkville Academy offers a gifted program for students in grades 3 - 6.
- Starkville Academy offers a full array of sports opportunities for students.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to Starkville Academy is Starkville Christian School (0.4 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Starkville Grades: PK-12 | 220 students
303 Lynn Lane
Starkville, MS 39759
(662) 323-7453 0.4 PK-12
- Crawford Grades: PK-3 | 18 students
806 Tarlton Rd
Crawford, MS 39743
(662) 272-9000 14.8 PK-3
- Louisville Grades: PK-12 | 121 students
173 Mcleod Rd
Louisville, MS 39339
(662) 773-8524 22.5 PK-12
- Columbus Grades: PK-K | 20 students
1016 9th Street S
Columbus, MS 39701
(662) 328-4646 23 PK-K
I love this school
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Brooklyn
Starkville Academy students choose from a wide variety of sports and arts, including musicals and one act competition plays, band, chorus, and dance. Seniors graduate with dual credit in Freshman Composition, College Algebra, Trigonometry, and Calculus. Many teachers have master's degrees, and one has a doctorate. Class size averages from 12-20. Students receive one-on- one help from teachers, who also sponsor extracurricular competitions in Quiz Bowl and Mock Trial. Members of Anchor Club and Crown Club participate in many community service project and earn college scholarships. Graduates often return to teach at Starkville Academy because of the caring and supportive coaches and teachers. Students are well-prepared for college majors and jobs in many fields including engineering, medicine, law, and forestry. After teaching at Starkville Academy, I highly recommend this school. My son, a graduate, is a mechanical engineer with Entergy's Grand Gulf Nuclear Power Plant. He has traveled nationwide and presented and published papers along with the head of the department.
- Posted by Teacher - Vicky Warren