- Stellar Academy is a private, co-educational, nonprofit elementary school grades 1-8.
- The alternative instruction provided at Stellar meets the needs of children who suffer with symptoms of dyslexia. This specialized instruction is the Slingerland® approach.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-7|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, ADD, ADHD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||20 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,420|
|Admissions Director||Beth Mattsson-Boze'|
- Stellar Academy is a private, co-educational, nonprofit elementary school grades 1-8. The alternative instruction provided at Stellar meets the needs of children who suffer with symptoms of dyslexia. This specialized instruction is the Slingerland approach. Our students have difficulty with acquiring language skills -- oral language, spelling, written language, or reading. They are of average to above-average intelligence. Students with dyslexia can be creative, imaginative, and talented. They are fortunate to be born in a time when educators are becoming more aware of how to meet their needs. The mission of Stellar Academy, located in Alameda County, is to assist children with dyslexia overcome academic challenges through the Slingerland approach. A sequential, simultaneous multi-sensory approach to language arts instruction, Slinger land®, enables students to increase their self-esteem through academic success. The essence of the Slingerland approach guides instruction throughout all other content areas.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Newark Grades: NS-K
39600 Cedar Boulevard
Newark, CA 94560
(510)770-1771 1 NS-K
- Fremont Grades: NS-PK
4727 Calaveras Ave.
Fremont, CA 94538
(510)791-2222 1.1 NS-PK
- Fremont Grades: NS-12 | 685 students
4760 Thornton Avenue
Fremont, CA 94536
(510)744-2241 1.3 NS-12
- Fremont Grades: NS-6 | 171 students
155 Washington Blvd
Fremont, CA 94539
(510)490-1993 1.6 NS-6
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?