Stepping Stone School
- Stepping Stone Program strives to create an appropriate balance between a student's emotional and academic needs.
- The school climate is based on trust, caring, cooperation and respect for the individual needs of each child.
- A cognitive behavioral approach is used with students to teach them about their emotional needs while at the same time reinforcing appropriate behaviors.
- Classroom activities are organized, individualized, and supported through ongoing counseling and social skill building activities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Private Special Education Centers|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||34 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Califon Grades: 7-12 | 70 students
37 Hoffmans Crossing Rd
Califon, NJ 07830
(908) 832-7200 14.9 7-12
- Somerset Grades: 2-12 | 83 students
2 Riverview Drive
Somerset, NJ 08873
(908) 253-3870 38.2 2-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.