Strafford Learning Center - John Powers School
- Strafford Learning Center is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in 1973.
- The Board of Directors and staff are committed to offering high quality special education and related supports to over thirty school districts throughout the region.
- Strafford Learning Center is responsive to the evolving needs of school districts, students and families.
- Our community of dedicated professionals is committed to supporting all learners in reaching their highest potential.
- To accomplish this mission, Strafford Learning Center has a diverse professional staff working in tandem with area school districts and partners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canterbury Grades: 3-8 | 10 students
106 Kimball Pond Rd
Canterbury, NH 03224
(603)783-4501 36.1 3-8
- Rochester Grades: K-12 | 62 students
105 Eastern Avenue
Rochester, NH 03867
(603)332-2848 7 K-12
- Suncook Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
389 Pembroke St
Suncook, NH 03275
(603)485-8550 31.4 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.