Strafford Learning Center - John Powers School
- Strafford Learning Center is a private, non-profit organization incorporated in 1973.
- The Board of Directors and staff are committed to offering high quality special education and related supports to over thirty school districts throughout the region.
- Strafford Learning Center is responsive to the evolving needs of school districts, students and families.
- Our community of dedicated professionals is committed to supporting all learners in reaching their highest potential.
- To accomplish this mission, Strafford Learning Center has a diverse professional staff working in tandem with area school districts and partners.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||33 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Canterbury Grades: 3-8 | 10 students
106 Kimball Pond Rd
Canterbury, NH 03224
(603)783-4501 36.1 3-8
- Rochester Grades: K-12 | 62 students
105 Eastern Avenue
Rochester, NH 03867
(603)332-2848 7 K-12
- Suncook Grades: PK-8 | 60 students
389 Pembroke St
Suncook, NH 03275
(603)485-8550 31.4 PK-8
Nearby Homes for Sale
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.