Monarch School of New England
- The Monarch School of New England is a day school that serves children and young adults with significant disabilities, ages 5 to 21. Rooted in the belief that each child deserves an environment in which they can flourish, the Monarch School of New England designs programs based on the individual needs and capabilities of each student. Individualized programming maximizes student potential in the areas of academics, functional life skills, and vocational training.
- The Monarch School of New England has two sites: Foss (elementary / middle school) and Williams (regional high school / vocational center).
- All related services are integrated into the school day: Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language, Behavior.
- Each discipline works collaboratively to provide additional supports that may include aquautics, hippo therapy, horticulture, and recreation.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||all|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is paid by the sending school district.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kate Sisneroz, Director of Education|
|Admissions Associate||Diane Bessey, Executive Direct|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Art and Music Classes
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Vision Statement: The Monarch School of New England brings individuals with intellectual, physical, medical and behavioral disabilities into the mainstream of everyday life.
- Our success is based on the belief that services can be more effectively provided through an integrated team approach and with a vast array of traditional and innovative programs.
- Education is the basis for working with each child. Our curriculum aligns with the New Hampshire Curriculum Frameworks, the Math and English / Language Arts Common Core Standards and Maine Learning Results.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Exeter Grades: 1-12 | 50 students
87 State Route 27
Exeter, NH 03833
(603)679-2021 20.2 1-12
- Greenfield Grades: 1-12
One Verney Drive
Greenfield, NH 03047
(603)547-1894 50.5 1-12
- Rye Grades: 3-12 | 60 students
1247 Washington Rd.
Rye, NH 03870
(603)964-4903 22.5 3-12
- Canterbury Grades: 3-8 | 10 students
106 Kimball Pond Rd
Canterbury, NH 03224
(603)783-4501 29.7 3-8
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 212 students
111 E 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010
(646)410-2238 235 NS-8