Sts Philip & James School
- Saints Philip and James School is a parish school where Catholic tradition affirms that young people best realize their potential in a caring and loving environment.
- The academic focus is aimed at the child's full development in mind, body, and spirit.
- Since 1875, our tradition has encouraged the pursuit of excellence in a Christian value-centered learning environment.
- We, the faculty, students, and staff of Saints Philip and James School are a Christ-centered community seeking to achieve the ideals of education and learning guided by a living faith and common worship.
- Each person within our school is viewed as a unique and gifted individual made in the image and likeness of God, and chosen to be a brother or sister in Jesus Christ to those around them.
- As we value this truth, all our endeavors, whether academic, spiritual, physical, or social, are dedicated to building up unity within our school, based on the hope of a better world, founded on the knowledge, promises and friendship of Jesus Christ.
- In a particular way we seek to live out our Catholic Christian faith by participating in works of charitable service sponsored by the local churches and communities around us.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||258 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BangorGrades: K-12 | 154 students
122 Dante St
Bangor, PA 18013
- BangorGrades: K-6 | 152 students
80 Ridge St
Bangor, PA 18013
- PhillipsburgGrades: NS-5 | 33 students
300 Cromwell Street
Phillipsburg, NJ 08865
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.