Tel: (281) 353-3377
Summerfield Academy is an exceptional preschool in Spring, Texas serving children six weeks to nine years of age, celebrating 30 years in the community.
Founded in 1985 by Joyce Harlow, the academy is now owned by one of Ms. Harlows first students, April Lord Ruzicka.
Summerfield Academy students learn through active exploration and involvement in a thematic, literature based curriculum.
Summerfield teachers facilitate the learning process by creating a wide variety of environments for your child to explore and experience, building year over year.
They are committed to providing a developmentally appropriate educational program where children feel safe and loved.
Teachers strive to teach the whole child, the social, emotional, physical and intellectual.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||144 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Infants (6 weeks-18 months) $255 Under Two $235 Under Three $225 Over Three $215|
|Admissions Director||Christine Cook & Terri Skaggs|
|Admissions Associate||Christine Cook|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Dance Adventures, Funbus, Sports Adventures
- Here are a few things that set Summerfield Academy apart from other preschools around the area...
- 6 weeks - 10 years old
- 32 Years in the community...one of the most established schools around
- Operates like a family
- Owned and opperated by one of Summerfield's first students
- Small student/teacher ratios and calss sizes
- Unique literature-based curriculum developmentally appropriate for all ages
- Friday cooking activities geared around each classroom and lesson
- Weekly music, Spanish and Gymboree classes included in the tuition (varies depending on age)
- Very low turnover rate
- All meals included with tuition and prepaired by an in-house cook
- One of the largest outdoor playgrounds around (equipped with an orchard, greenhouse and garden)
- A variety of extracurricular activities are offered (sports, dance, Funbus, etc.)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Spring Grades: PK-K | 67 students
18323 Kuykendahl Rd
Spring, TX 77379
(281) 370-6100 2.2 PK-K
- Spring Grades: PK-K | 168 students
16811 Shadow Valley Dr
Spring, TX 77379
(281) 655-7444 5.2 PK-K
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed schools profoundly. It has affected teaching and activities. We look at these changes and how they impact our lives.