Tappahannock Junior Academy
- The mission of Tappahannock Junior Academy, established in 1966, is to provide spiritual, emotional, physical, social and intellectual learning with Jesus as the center.
- Education is offered for pre-kindergarten through eighth grade. The curriculum includes reading, science, math, music, art, spelling, computer, language arts, social studies, and physical education.
- After-school care is also provided for working parents. In addition, the school features an annual snow-skiing/snow-boarding program for students.
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$350|
|Tuition Notes||A Registration Fee of $350 - $425|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Kim Petersen|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
- All new students admitted into Tappahannock Junior Academy must go through an interview with the Principal and take a placement test. The WRAT test is currently used for students in grades 1 - 8.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
TappahannockGrades: 8-12 | 95 students
Po Box 158
Tappahannock, VA 22560
Millers TavernGrades: PK-8 | 167 students
Po Box 70
Millers Tavern, VA 23115
MontrossGrades: PK-7 | 28 students
2054 Neenah Rd
Montross, VA 22520
Colonial BeachGrades: 2-11 | 25 students
Po Box 208
Colonial Beach, VA 22443
AvenueGrades: PK-8 | 109 students
21335 Colton Point Road
Avenue, MD 20609
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017